PDA

View Full Version : Wet work glove advice

finsteratv
11-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Hey guys I'm starting on a Christmas tree farm Tommorow and there gonna be a lot of rain..Oregon. I was thinking latex gloves with work gloves over or just my normal logging gloves? Any other ideas?

CJM
11-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Your hands are never gonna breath from the latex glove. Id say your best bet is finding some sorta glove liner thats waterproof, wearing fishermans type gloves that are waterproof or findign goretex gloves.

250x_kyle
11-22-2012, 10:09 PM
we had rubber coated gloves at wort work that were cloth on the back side. worked great when moving coolant soaked parts.

slightlybent47
11-23-2012, 05:23 PM
No mater what glove you use, your gonna have wet hands if your workin in the rain.
I would try starting without any glove until you see what you’re up against.
You may need several pair to make it through the day. Dry them at night for the next day.
If your hands stay wet, your gonna get blisters even with gloves. You may try to only use them when you really need them.

finsteratv
11-23-2012, 09:00 PM
I just wore wet gloves all day which wasn't to bad, so looks like I'm set wearing normal logging gloves. A lot of guys do wear the rubberized ones though.

fastredrider44
11-26-2012, 04:36 PM
When I haul firewood and do some logging, I bring several pairs of normal gloves and try to keep my hands dry as best as possible. Wet hands are one thing, cold wet hands are another. Wet hands all day is like wet feet all day. Not good. People make fun of me til they try it, but keep your hands moisturized. In the winter, my hands dry out, but if I use hand cream once or twice a day, they feel a lot better without as much cracking and the little hang nails around the cuticles forming. It also works wonders on prevent blisters and calices while riding/racing.

finsteratv
11-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the input. Multiple pairs of gloves is just what ive ended up doing