PDA

View Full Version : Thumb Twist throttle

JACK STRAW
11-18-2012, 10:31 AM
My son wants put a thumb twist throttle combo on his '08 400ex. He is looking for one that you can flip on the fly. Where can i get one. thanks

Stickman400
11-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Switchfly Throttles makes them. Here is a thread that was made awhile back on here about them: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=489949&highlight=switchfly+throttle

I was actually going to bump this thread and see if anyone has gotten theirs yet.

dxcody
11-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Moose also makes one a believe.

Called a dual gasser or something like that.

JOHNDOE83
11-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Dual gasser would be nice for when your thumb starts hurting.

Im a fan of twist only, in my opinion it's safer and easier to use, I mainly bought mine because of a hand injury that is gonna last for life, so for me it's the best option.

I want to do a lever style throttle like a jetski or a go-ped have, but my hand injury wont let me use it "fingers dont move that far".

I wish I could or someone else would do that mod though.

If you find the dual gasser please post some detailed pic's of the install.

Good luck :)

Muzzgit
11-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Dual gasser isn't actually very good…. they are a bit clunky, and have been known to stick open.

Just go the twist throttle, you won't regret it.

JACK STRAW
11-22-2012, 05:06 PM
george @switchfly just emailed me and said :

Yes we make a Switchfly Throttle for a 2008 Honda 400EX but unfortunately we not come to market until the first part of next year.Are you interested in being put on a mailing list so that I can email you updates and you can be one of the first to be on a waiting list?
If you have any additional question please feel free to contact me.
Thanks and have a nice Thanksgiving
George