PDA

View Full Version : oversize gas tank

fomospede
11-17-2012, 03:18 PM
will the apex oversize tank fit the drr ?
or is there a tank that will work?

desratt
11-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I know people are using the oil tank full of fuel on drr's site there is actually a tech notice on how to do it.

mmsoup
11-17-2012, 07:12 PM
yes we ran our apex oversized on our sons DRR last year

Had to change the mounts and we actually added some volume to the tank to make sure it would finish a GNCC if it went long

fomospede
11-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by mmsoup
yes we ran our apex oversized on our sons DRR last year

Had to change the mounts and we actually added some volume to the tank to make sure it would finish a GNCC if it went long
thanks
it is also my concern plus its a hassle when out playing
so it must not b much bigger ?

mmsoup
11-17-2012, 09:53 PM
I believe stock was 1.6 and the Apex was 1.8, or something like that. We added 1" to the front of the tank and have never had a fuel issue since. We were running a Ported Malossi Big Bore with a 28mm carb and a Haggerty.

Marlene (Fabrication Bride) said she had to alter a small piece of the frame to make it fit.

It'll work but you will have some time in it. Also have a tight clearance on the carb, We run the original Haggerty's and they are forward facing which helps

FISH ON!
11-20-2012, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by desratt
I know people are using the oil tank full of fuel on drr's site there is actually a tech notice on how to do it.

Keep in mind that using auxilary fuel tanks is not allowed at any national event that I know of. Using the oil tank would be considered an auxilary tank.

fomospede
11-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by FISH ON!
Keep in mind that using auxilary fuel tanks is not allowed at any national event that I know of. Using the oil tank would be considered an auxilary tank.
also ive heard it is messy if flipped and fuel isnt what my kid needs a bath in !!!!!!!

jakesdad6
11-30-2012, 06:10 PM
I bought a oversized apex tank for my drr and never used it because I would of rather but my own not only do you have to Mod the frame or change mounts on the tank to get the plastic to still bolt on. Whatever you gain in fuel capacity you lose because of where the drain line is located it is a 1" from the vary bottom of the tank just didn't make much since to use it. I really wish someone would make one for a drr