PDA

View Full Version : American Chopper ending in December...

quad2xtreme
11-16-2012, 04:10 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/discoverys-american-chopper-ending-run-202009760.html

pmg8134
11-16-2012, 05:28 PM
awesome. I quit fighting my dad a long time ago.

CJM
11-16-2012, 05:37 PM
They built cool stuff, but the drama was too much and very stupid.

I really liked that one show they had called howe and howe where they built tanks..but it never took off.

pmg8134
11-16-2012, 05:43 PM
that build off with the electric motor, rubber track, lay down trike.... can you imagine rippin that thing?

theduke300
11-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by CJM
They built cool stuff, but the drama was too much and very stupid.

I really liked that one show they had called howe and howe where they built tanks..but it never took off.

Yeah i liked the howe and howe. The duramax tanks and tracked quads they build are wicked machines

zyoung04
11-17-2012, 02:36 AM
I've been watching the latest build off between them and the gas monkey guys. Its all a popularity thing, anyone that seen the last could tell u that. The only real bike at the last one was the one Jesse James brought the other 2 were ugly as sin especially Paul Jrs. I dont know how that thing could even be considered a bike. I hope the gas monkey guys can pull this off with a real bike. But it wont hurt my feelings none to see the show go away.

Ruby Soho
11-17-2012, 08:14 AM
i used to watch american chopper. all the way up until they split. even before then it was drama filled, but i like fabricating so of course im going to watch it lol. id pick a jesse james show over them any minute.

quad2xtreme
11-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Jesse does have a new show on Discovery again. I think 3 episodes have aired so far.

01boneless
11-17-2012, 06:43 PM
I haved watched it since the build off that jr and sr was having just havent had time...can anyone fill me in on what has happend?? lol

CJM
11-18-2012, 12:12 AM
The new jesse james show is ok, but its mostly about the guys he employs working on stuff-not him.

I give Jesse alot of credit, he isnt the greatest guy by any means but he worked very hard for what he has. I read his biography btw, you wouldnt believe tghe life the guy had!

yellowzo3
11-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by CJM
The new jesse james show is ok, but its mostly about the guys he employs working on stuff-not him.

I give Jesse alot of credit, he isnt the greatest guy by any means but he worked very hard for what he has. I read his biography btw, you wouldnt believe tghe life the guy had!

Yeah I watched the first episode of his new show (Outlaw Garage) and it wasn't bad... but like you said, he doesn't really do any of the building... his guys do while he does random stuff. Still pretty cool though. But I still feel like theres too much drama on his show also. There was 15 minutes of fighting and arguing in the first show alone. We just want to see some builds!

Ruby Soho
11-18-2012, 10:12 AM
yeah the new show is alright. his past shows have actually almost been how-to videos, as a tv show. lol. i dig his work.

CJM
11-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Drama makes the show, or thats at least how discovery views it.

I really wanted milwaukee iron to take off. Kinda like american chopper but way less drama and bs and cool bikes. For whatever reason they only filmed like 4 shows and pulled it. This was of course at least a few years ago tho.

Seems if you dont have very catchy drama and bs the show doesnt get to stick around. I also believe (not sure but its my feeling) that the reason Mikey left american chopper was the drama and bs they drummed up.

yellowzo3
11-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
yeah the new show is alright. his past shows have actually almost been how-to videos, as a tv show. lol. i dig his work.

Yeah he even has a set of videos on youtube on how to build a gas tank from start to finish and its just him working in a dead quiet shop explaining how to do everything with feint metal music in the background lol... Its pretty cool.

I remember Milwaukee Iron... Didnt one of those guys come to work at OCC or something?

I think thats why Mikey left also. It sort of seemed like he was stuck in the middle at times too (in some of the earlier seasons anyway). Oh well I guess they'll have some other new shows coming out eventually. I stopped watching American Chopper years ago but I'm happy to see Outlaw Garage is on the air.

CJM
11-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Yea one of the milwaukee guys was at occ for a bit as a guest I think.

I also agree, Mikey was stuck in the middle and had enough.

rollie
11-19-2012, 11:28 AM
i wish this show made it on the air

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pX69CtUZPqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:ermm:

OldGuyonaQuad
11-19-2012, 04:12 PM
The Real House Wives of Orange county came in close second for the new show's name.

CJM is right if they aren't playing for the camera then the editor goes to work to make something out of nothing because that's where the rating are.

Now maybe Sr can work on being a father rather then a victim.

CJM
11-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Holy hell thats awesome Rollie!

JForestZ34
11-19-2012, 07:05 PM
I've watched that show since it first aired. I'm glad it's over. Too much family fighting and BS. I know it's probably more for show but they stopped building and made it more like a soap opera. It's getting old, maybe time for a new show to come in.

James

quad2xtreme
11-20-2012, 08:52 AM
I was mostly into the drama and human aspects to the show and didn't care too much about the builds after the first couple of seasons. To me, it was repetitive and "low end" fabrication except for the gas tank builds.

I think they should have focused on how PJ got his wife out of stripping...or how she left him and became a stripper. I really don't care as long as there was footage of her swinging on a pole. haha! Maybe a whole spinoff series. :D

quad2xtreme
11-20-2012, 08:56 AM
and...I love to see a single show in 5 years that shows where they are. I have to think much of their success was driven from Discovery $$$ and not actual business generated $$$. PJ has the idea of branding into all these different areas like KISS but I wonder how far he will get. It isn't really like PJD is well known. I couldn't imagine buying a t-shirt and wearing it.

CJM
11-20-2012, 09:09 AM
PJ wife is hawt damn straight!

sand_blaster
11-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Im actually kind of bummed its coming to a end, but its become so much about drama its to much, exactly the reason why I quit watching suns of guns, man that show is unwatchable. I'll miss seeing all the nice bikes being built.. Hopfully gas monkey guys get into bike building more.

JForestZ34
11-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I watched this episode this past week and I must say Sr. is getting confrontational with everyone. He decided to meet with vinny and all Sr. cared about and kept saying was vinny filed a lawsuit. But Vinny kept saying it wasn't a lawsuit it was a letter from his lawyer saying that he was quitting.

the only reason why I can think of why he used an attorney for that is maybe there was some kind of thing going on with the show and he wanted to be protected. But then Sr. was telling vinny that without the show vinny wouldn't be anything. I can see why everyone is looking down on Sr.

I'm glad the show is coming to an end and it's about time. The first season was good, but everything after that was pure crap. And I'm starting to think that the big fight between the too was totally staged so they could possibly get more seasons outta discovery..

James