PDA

View Full Version : Advice/ Opinions Needed

XCracing885
11-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Ok say a quad in the youth atv 90 limited 8-11 had a nickle plated cyclinder.. Would that be grounds to disqualify him from the race which would also keep him from a championship..These are the rules on gncc.com....

90 Limited: (71-90cc 2-strk; 75-125cc 4-strk) production models. The following may be changed: tires (but no tire balls), wheels (cannot change stock width), pipe, sprockets, gearing, clutch, twist throttle, handlebars, grips, handle bar pads, front bumper, rear grab bar, air filter and jetting. Fenders may be trimmed. No other modifications allowed INCLUDING carburetors, oil injection, air box and lid, gas tank, wheelbase, width, rear axle, A-arm, shocks and suspension.

Thank you for your advice / opinion

SRH
11-15-2012, 04:00 PM
who wants to win a championship by default, and a nickel plated cylinder? let it slide, they're kids

Scro
11-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by SRH
who wants to win a championship by default, and a nickel plated cylinder? let it slide, they're kids

If only all parents had that mentality.

BlasterEaten250
11-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by SRH
who wants to win a championship by default, and a nickel plated cylinder? let it slide, they're kids Yeah it's not like he had any major advantage over everyone else having a plated cylinder.

chucked
11-15-2012, 04:51 PM
What kind of bike is it? Are they supposed to have sleeved cylinders? What if it was plated stock?

KKiowaTJ
11-15-2012, 05:38 PM
No, It shouldent even be a factor.

As long as it has the same comp. as the others there is no reason to DQ.

I ran into this when i had a sprint car when we went to the 305ci class. A 5.0 302ci ford block has nickle walls and chevy dont. But as long as the compression is the same along with it being a stock jug, stock or their gaskets, What would be a problem?

Yeah nickle will cause less friction and run cooler, But its not enough ground for a dq IMO.

But if its somthing your going to have to defend every weekend, Your better off beating them with same matched parts.
Then again, The old saying goes, If your not cheating, Your not competing. That and watch out and keep track so they cant pull any BS half way through after it has passed many times, That all the sudden your illegal. Good luck

Longdong
11-15-2012, 07:28 PM
If they still follow the AMA rule book it is allowed. Is this your youth rider that could be protested?

bcleveland
11-16-2012, 06:28 AM
I have been around tons of different tech sheds in racing. And if I am a tech man with any self respect and I am wanting all riders to have the same level playing field and follow the rule book that was written. Then its illegal and does not pass tech. Now is this what made him win the championship, No probably not. But if your gonna fudge a rule for one person you better do it for all of them.