PDA

View Full Version : Demon Industries built Crf450 with Trx450 head. CRF users read.

Groves187
11-15-2012, 06:12 AM
I had Morgan over at Demon Industries do a little build on my CRF hybrid motor. He suggested using one of his 06+ CNC race heads, stainless stock size CRF valves, and aftermarket valve spring kit. The motor is stock bore stock stroke with a 12.5:1 JE piston on pump gas, HRC cam and a 43.5 carb. I picked up a 06+ Trx450 Dasa exhaust and made a different intake to try. We got it on the Dyno over the weekend and tried a bunch of different combos of intakes and exhaust can lengths and ended up with 58-59hp to the wheels. We are going to do some more testing on the intake and I'm going to switch to a Web grind cam and should be about 60hp when all is said and done.

The Trx head moves the intake and exhaust, I was able to practically bolt on a 06+ trx exhaust (mid pipe hanger had to be cut off and re welded) with room around the frame rails. The intake gets moved away from the side frame rail but is still a little high in my opinion. The CRF valve cover fits with very small modification and I had to machine a extra head stay spacer as the trx head stay mount is narrower.

I will try and get some pics of the exhaust and intake tonight and gotta stop back down to the shop this weekend to get a pic of the graph.

This is a good mod for anyone running the CRF motor in there hybrid. Makes exhaust and the intake a lot easier to deal with.

Groves187
11-15-2012, 06:13 AM
I'm also running a 3 layer TRX head gasket vs the 2 layer CRF head gasket.

polinipower
03-31-2013, 09:24 PM
any pictures? kinda interested in seeing it!