PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay with Douglas or go Hiper

Houser250r
03-12-2003, 09:28 AM
I have full set of Douglas billet beadlocks on Holeshot MX tires and am gettin tired of them. They're really durable but I want a new look and ride. I was lookin at the Hiper carbon fiber wheels and really liked them, do u think I should stay with douglas or go with Hiper. And is it really neccessary for the Dual Beadlock on the rears or just go single on the rears?

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-12-2003, 10:12 AM
If you already have Douglas Billet Beadlocks, then keep them.

Ex'r Marlin
03-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Well, having both the Douglas Ultimate Billet Beadlocks and the HiPers, I really like the looks of the Douglas rims, and the way they mount with the countersunk mounting holes. I do not ride MX, but I still get flat spots on the inside half of the rims on both the front and rear Douglas. The dual beadlock rear from HiPer definetly adds strength, ease of replacing and mounting a tire, and avoids having flat spots due to the design and materials of the HiPers.:cool:

No, dual rear beadlocks are not neccessary.

I really like both of the rims, but if I order another set of rims, I plan on getting HiPers again.:)

Good luck!

Note: The HiPers do not hold as much mud in the rims as the Douglas beadlocks do.:cool:

phatswinn
03-12-2003, 12:08 PM
i think it comes down to if ya got the cash, if ya do go for them, if not, ur stuck with the douglas beadlocks, especially if ya got flat spots

Ex'r Marlin
03-12-2003, 12:53 PM
In my experience with the "flat spots" on the Douglas rims, once I removed the tires from the rim, I was able to bang the flat spots out. I am not saying that this will work for everyone, but I was very successful in doing this... If this helps at all.:confused:

QuadTrix6
03-12-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
In my experience with the "flat spots" on the Douglas rims, once I removed the tires from the rim, I was able to bang the flat spots out. I am not saying that this will work for everyone, but I was very successful in doing this... If this helps at all.:confused:

hey marlin you should look into reinforced rings, im going to be getting champion beadlocks with inner and outter rings :D don't ride MX ??? i saw you ripping up the track at NJORVP while i was stuck in the mud :o :p :blah

Ex'r Marlin
03-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
hey marlin you should look into reinforced rings, im going to be getting champion beadlocks with inner and outter rings :D Yeah, I would like to have reinforcement rings on my aluminum rims, just not sure of the application of welding them on.:confused: I guess I could look into this... Thank you!:)

Note: The aluminum rims are known to bend, but I am not aware of the HiPers bending.:cool:

Ex'r Marlin mx'ing.... Nope! Don't start that rumor!:D