PDA

View Full Version : What's the best frame to get???

Houser250r
03-12-2003, 09:20 AM
I need a cheap aftermarket frame(prefferably new) for around $1500. Are there any for around that much? I was thinkin about arens or another like that, and dont know how much they cost. PLease can you give me some companies and prices quick. Thanks a lot. Or I have some stuff I wouldn't mind trading thats worth a good amount. Houser250r@aol.com

QuadRacer041
03-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Houser250r
I need a cheap aftermarket frame(prefferably new) for around $1500. Are there any for around that much? I was thinkin about arens or another like that, and dont know how much they cost. PLease can you give me some companies and prices quick. Thanks a lot. Or I have some stuff I wouldn't mind trading thats worth a good amount. Houser250r@aol.com

arens all the way man! $1800 and your done!

Houser250r
03-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Alright man, thanks for the price, i was always wondering. Now I'm gettin the arens frame! And ill show a pic when i get it:D :D :D

Houser250r
03-12-2003, 10:15 AM
Hey, where's the best place to get the frame? Or best Price. And if you say C&D racing, their website wont come up. Thanks a lot

Houser250r
03-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Hey, where's the best place to get the frame? Or best Price. And if you say C&D racing, their website wont come up. Thanks a lot

03-12-2003, 11:05 AM
I"d say directly from Arens woudl be the best..he has a site..

QuadRacer041
03-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I"d say directly from Arens woudl be the best..he has a site..

yup go right to arens.and tell john not to b/s you, you want the frame yeasterday so stop playin with the 400ex frames and ship you out an R frame........:eek:

Pappy
03-12-2003, 11:30 AM
well my friggon LRD ATTITUDE is all paid for :D im just waitin for it to get here:p but i cant say wether its worth a chit or not yet:cool:

Houser250r
03-12-2003, 11:37 AM
What is arens website, please?

monkeyboy
03-12-2003, 11:44 AM
my cuz frames houses i ask him and let u no...;)

Pappy
03-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
my cuz frames houses i ask him and let u no...;)

ask that mofo cuz of yers where my educational readin material is:macho i better get it back and the pages had damn well better not be stuck together:eek:

QuadTrix6
03-12-2003, 01:48 PM
what do you guys think of Houser frames, i like his a arms but have not heard much about his frames :confused:

QuadRacer041
03-12-2003, 03:28 PM
i would get a houser if i couldnt get a arens

Houser250r
03-12-2003, 05:07 PM
well can someone please give me arens website? thanks a lot for everything

400exRacerX
03-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Arens:)

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Get a Roll, I hear their prices are cheap :huh

nick23
03-12-2003, 05:15 PM
i have a jbracing...it is tizzight

400exRacerX
03-12-2003, 05:22 PM
Don't you have a 400ex?

400MXer
03-12-2003, 05:27 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2917172945&category=1467

arens frame. comes with a Arens frame, subframe, swingarm. AC propegs, and Lonestar steering stem. but it is cracked about of footpeg.

nick23
03-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by 400exRacerX
Don't you have a 400ex?

yes i do

QuadRacer041
03-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by 400MXer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2917172945&category=1467

arens frame. comes with a Arens frame, subframe, swingarm. AC propegs, and Lonestar steering stem. but it is cracked about of footpeg.

beware of that frame, no offense against the seller but.... im not sure i would trust it,as far as i know and i doubt im wrong, arens doesnt make a pro peg mount for the front of the nerf bar like in those pics.it look like someone did some custumizing there, just a little helpful info.

Houser250r
03-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Could that affect the frame in anyway??? The propeg mounts i mean??? id ont think it would hurt it, would it?

QuadRacer041
03-13-2003, 04:14 AM
wellusually when a frame company mounts pro peg mounts they use 1 tube that goes from side to the other for both nerfs to slide onto, that bike doesnt, it just has a tube tagged on to each side of the frame.so instead of one long tube there is 2 tubes, one on each side.

muff
03-13-2003, 04:53 AM
www.arensbros.com is their site

OutlawEX
03-13-2003, 03:02 PM
Damn arens is cheap go with them

Dave400ex
03-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Arens is the only Frame you will find for that price. Just give John a call or you can PM Jnine on here...

Guy400
03-13-2003, 05:20 PM
John's frames won't be ready for another 6 weeks or so. If you're not in a rush I'd wait.

Jnine
03-13-2003, 07:54 PM
Hello Guys:

I checked out the frame that was for sale on EBAY.

That frame was built several years ago to hold a 350X motor, and that's it, although I think it might take the 250X, & 300EX. I'm not sure how those differ from the 400EX motor, so I wouldn't bet on that. I noticed in the text on ebay that the person says it would also fit a 250R with a little reworking, and I don't think that is going to happen. If you look at that frame you will see how the frame rails came out a little bit and down to wrap around and under the motor. I can't see that working with the "R" motor, and I think it would get in the way of the shifter & rear brake lever. Also, since everything is a little wider you may run into trouble with the kick starter as well. Another thing to notice is an extra tube right below the rear shock tube. Thats because the 350X motor had a set of motor mounts there that we had to use. If you tried to put an "R" motor in there it would definitely conflict with the air intake tract.

I built that frame for a friend of mine, and it was built for one purpose only. To try and turn it into anything else isn't really going to work very well.

Talk to you later!

Dana CreechII
03-15-2003, 08:51 AM
no contest

Dave400ex
03-15-2003, 12:27 PM
For the money you pay for a Roll, it is not that much better then a Arens. I think Walsh is better then Roll anyhow...

trx400ex
03-16-2003, 02:36 AM
and i bet no one whos posted in this thread has ridden a roll and a walsh and a leagers to really know what is better

Jnine
03-16-2003, 06:31 AM
For what its worth, I like all of those frames. Doug Roll is a decent guy, and he is a fantastic craftsman. His parts are very expensive, but he caters to the high end customers, and thats fine. I do like his frames in many ways, but they could be a little simpler both to construct and to setup. Thats the only downside. They are very complicated, and unless you really know what you are doing, you could probably get yor setup worse than it was before. However, since the buyers of his parts are usually very experienced in the sport and able to spend a lot of cash, they can probably get the setup dialed in MUCH easier than the average guy

Mike Walsh is another great guy, and his frame is quite nice also, but I know they could make it a little easier and drop a few tubes. He does great work though, and I think the setup might be a little easier.

As for Laeger, I've only met him as a couple times, and his frame is probably most similar to mine, which is to say it is pretty straight forward in setup, and probably the easiest for a lot of guys to get dialed in since they are already familiar with it. It's pretty much straight 88/89 geometry unless you get the narrow front end version Laeger offers, but then you are forced to go with different A-arms, shocks, etc.

I think all of us are using the same materials, so really some of the differences are up the end customer and what they want.

Talk to you later.

trx400ex
03-16-2003, 06:39 AM
good info John.....i wasnt reall refering to you, i know that you know your s##t......keep us updated on those CRF frames, im saving my money....

bongwater200
03-16-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
For the money you pay for a Roll, it is not that much better then a Arens. I think Walsh is better then Roll anyhow...

Hey Worryer, er..... Warrior,

You say the Roll is "not that much better than a Arens" and you say that Walsh is "better than Roll anyhow." Well....... below your name, it says "Arens Brothers #1"

What gives? You doing a little brown nosin' or what?

QuadRacer041
03-16-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by trx400ex
and i bet no one whos posted in this thread has ridden a roll and a walsh and a leagers to really know what is better

why do you say that?:grr
you think people here arent good enough to have ridin any of those bikes.
maybe your no good enough but iknow i sure as he11 am, and have.

Dave400ex
03-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Nothing gives I just think it's crap how much those guys charge for their parts. Personally I don't see how a full Roll would be much better then a $5,000 or less Arens setup. Arens is not helping me in any way, but when he comes on here, helps us out, and tries to get his prices down, that's Service...

trx400ex
03-16-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by quad041
why do you say that?:grr
you think people here arent good enough to have ridin any of those bikes.
maybe your no good enough but iknow i sure as he11 am, and have.

calm down lou, i thought after i wrote that that you and and john probably have, i know your buddy has a roll bike and i know you have an arens and have probably ridden most of the frames out there, i was just saying that because it seems like alot of people want to say this is better than that and they havent ridden either!

also you dont have to be good to ride those bikes,,, its just they are rare and 99.9% of us here with 400exs have stock frames and not 12k roll bikes

trx400ex
03-16-2003, 10:38 AM
if your comparing by price then yes arens is better than the way overpriced roll and i wont argue that or that john has answered alot more of my questions than doug....no offense meant to anyone through my first post!!!!!!

Dave400ex
03-16-2003, 02:20 PM
While I'm thinking about it, how's your 400 coming along TRX?

mrusk
03-16-2003, 02:31 PM
I said it before and i will say it again: THE ADVANTAGES OF A ROLL FRAME DO NOT OUTWEIGHT THE MONEY YOU WOULD SAVE BY RUNNING A ARENS FRAME.

MATT

Jnine
03-16-2003, 02:41 PM
Hello Guys:

I have tried a Laeger frame, my own, and Andrew (the head CAD guy) has tried a Walsh. Actually he even owned a Laeger 4 stroke frame because we weren't making one. I like the Laeger I tried, but the one I tried was a 4 stroke, and I was definitley a 2 stroke guy at the time, so it was quite different. I did like it though. I like the Doug Roll frame just because they look different, although I have never tried one. Maybe some day I should go see Doug so I can try one out! Anyway, since every frame is pretty much based on the 250R geometry they will probably all be quite similar. I think the biggest changes I have ever noticed in a frame was due to suspension setup. Good shocks make all the difference in the world. This year I raced my 250R, a 400EX, an LTZ, and a Cannondale. By far the best quad I ever raced was the Cannondale. The shocks were AWESOME, but the motor was a little tricky for me. The easiest for me was the LTZ. It was very forgiving yet still fun, and the power was predictable, but I did bottom the suspension. The bad thing is the LTZ has a horrible frame problem. They break REALLY easy, and Suzuki has to fix it! Anyway, what makes the best ride is often the shocks and not necessarily the frame.

03-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Anyway, what makes the best ride is often the shocks and not necessarily the frame.

Have to agree 110% and as I have said in other threads I would rather a quad set up properly with unknown name products than one with all the higher priced names that wasnt.

Now only to figure out how to set this damn thing up "properly" :D

cjpoole1
03-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Jnine
The bad thing is the LTZ has a horrible frame problem. They break REALLY easy, and Suzuki has to fix it! Anyway, what makes the best ride is often the shocks and not necessarily the frame.
Suzuki shouldn't fix it, you should just hurry up and make a replacement for it and reep the rewards!:D

QuadRacer041
03-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
calm down lou, i thought after i wrote that that you and and john probably have, i know your buddy has a roll bike and i know you have an arens and have probably ridden most of the frames out there, i was just saying that because it seems like alot of people want to say this is better than that and they havent ridden either!

also you dont have to be good to ride those bikes,,, its just they are rare and 99.9% of us here with 400exs have stock frames and not 12k roll bikes

ok, no problem

trx400ex
03-17-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
While I'm thinking about it, how's your 400 coming along TRX?

very slowly.....it sucks because its been so nice the last couple days and i want to go riding....is it still wet where you live? we had to dig a trench to drain about a foot of water off our little track here..oh well ill go soon enough i suppose

Juggalo
03-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Jnine
The bad thing is the LTZ has a horrible frame problem. They break REALLY easy, and Suzuki has to fix it!

i heard this before but didn't really believe it..then i heard you say it and it got me thinkin and now today i found out my friend already broke his z-400 frame and the bikes barely a couple months old and the jumps aren't even that big! wow. that sucks!

muff
03-17-2003, 01:21 PM
yea my friends z frame cracked right thru the tube :( good thing it was under warrenty

Dave400ex
03-17-2003, 02:49 PM
Oh man it is very muddy here. Today with that 70+ degrees helped dry out the yard a little bit. Hopefully it stays nice for a little while...

Ride400exj
03-18-2003, 06:55 AM
I know for a fact that the roll frames are hard to get used to i rode one about 3 weeks ago and it was like learning to ride all over again it was a pain but it was one hell of a bike to ride a CT 310 power valve with a full lobo set up frame arms...... but i also rode a LSR and i loved it i think that i would buy a LSR frame when i get the cash but i dont have 2300 just laying around atm also i raced with these guys and they well i got blow out of the water came 4th in pro and 1st in non pro.