PDA

View Full Version : Seafoam

Stickman400
11-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Anybody ever use this stuff to clean water out of the engine? I drowned out my 450 the other day running from the DNR and local sheriff (long story) and now have quite a bit of water in the engine side, but suprisingly none in the tranny. Anyway how much should I put in the oil since it only requires less than a quart of oil? I usually change the oil 4 or 5 times but that gets expensive. This seems quicker and cheaper, win win.

CJM
11-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Its just easier to remove the plug, crank the engine over till the water comes out. Then put cheapo oil in there, get hot and drain till the oil doesnt look milky anymore.

chronicsmoke
11-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Long story? Lets hear it:devil:

dxcody
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
Long story? Lets hear it:devil:

X2!

400exmxracer
11-09-2012, 02:00 PM
X3 :)

CJM
11-09-2012, 03:43 PM
x4!

SHARE SHARE SHARE!!!

Stickman400
11-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Okay well I went ahead and put some Seafoam in there and let it idle for 5 mintues and drained it, then changed the oil again and added it in again and went for a short ride and then drained it and it was nearly brand new looking, not a bit of milkyness too it. The last time I drowned it out I had to change it 5 time before the milky was gone. So that Seafoam works pretty damn good at removing water. Highly recommended if you get water in the motor. And since everyone wants to know, here's how this went down.

Me and a few friends that I always ride with decided to go for a ride in the local creek that everyone rides in but you're not really supposed too because the DNR says your destroying the natural habitat and yadda yadda and you'll get a HUGE fine, like $500+. Anyway it was about 40 degrees outside so it was pretty cold and the water was colder. So we started riding and of course I have no headlight and I've got my Razr 2s on the 450 so it's not the greatest creek monster. Anyway I'm going around all the water I can but still having to go through some holes because there is no way around them. The ones I got stuck in I just had my friend come up behind me and push me out. So we come up on a huge beaver dam going across the entire creek holding back ALOT of water and my friend decides he wants to knock it out. Now this wasn't very interesting or exciting so I'm gunna shorten this part down and say he eventually got a huge chunk of the dam knocked out (about 15') and it was taking the water level down fairly quickly. Well we got bored and rode the other direction and got to a DEEP hole that nobody wanted to go through and we turned around and rode back to the dam to see how much the water had dropped. So we got back there and it had dropped a good 1' or so, which was alot considering how much water was there.

Now it started getting dark (4:30 or so) and we decided to go back to the house and throw a few back and call it a night. We had a hell of a time getting back to the bridge that we came down into the creek on since we had dug some pretty deep ruts in the one spot we kept riding threw. Well I got stuck on the 450 and so did my other friend and as we were trying to pull them both out a car rolls up to the bridge and stops. Now normally when a car stops on that bridge it's a sheriff because the locals ALWAYS call the cops because they hear us riding. Well this time wasn't any different because the next thing we know they start spolighting the creek where they hear all the noise, luckily we where right around a bend and they couldn't spot us directly. So me and my friend yank my 450 out of the hole I'm in and my other friend got out also. Then we decide to just haul *** BACK to the dam and out the other bridge that's about 5 miles away. That's means going BACK thorugh the deep hole I just got stuck in. Well I said **** it and pinned it wide open going back through and I about blew my friends ear drums that was right beside me because my 450 is stupid loud, so now I know the cops know we are down there.

So we start flying through water going as fast as we can without losing each other. Taking trails around some holes and going through others. And remember I'm doing all of this with NO headlight and +2 arms flying thorugh these trails I have rode on MAYBE twice before, just using their taillights and my eye balls for night vision. Well we get about a mile from the next bridge and we hit a hole that is a bit deeper than the others and I get about half way across it and start spinning, well I pin it and it sinks just deep enough to get water up to the fins beside the seat that goes right to my airbox and it sucks water in and "clunk", it dies. Now I've did this before and I know it's ****ed and it's not starting. So I hop off and start pushing it out in 35 degree water. My friend helps me get it out we hook a tow strap to it and I tell him he's gunna have to pull me all the way out of here back to the house which is prolly 7 or 8 miles away, while running from the cops. So he yanks my *** about 3/4 of a mile down the creek through more water and we stop about 1/4 mile before the bridge and we stop to evaluate the situation. My other friends start saying the cops are just going to be sitting there waiting for us at the bridge with ARs and pistols drawn because that's what they did to them when they got caught before. They start saying we'll just fly past them and get out on some other trails up the creek aways. Well there was no way my friend was gunna pull me at 5mph past 10 to 15 cops with guns and not stop, it just wasn't going to happen.

So after a bit of tossing around ideas we decied to just get out the creek and wait it out. So we find the easiest hill to go up and yank my 450 up the bank and we sit, for prolly 45 minutes, waiting to see if the cops were gunna bring quads down through after us or not (They have Polaris 500 H.O.s btw). Well we get impatient and decide to ride through the woods out to the road and call someone to pick us up and leave the quads until later. So we start riding around through the timber for about 10 minutes and end up right next to the creek about 100' from where we just were. So we stop and wait again for about 20 minutes. My friends start getting calls from their friends saying the local cops, sheriff, DNR and conservation officer are ALL running around like crazy looking for us and they tell us to just wait out. We try finding how close we are to the nearest road using GPS on our phones and it doesn't help, start calling friends and having them drive over the bridge we are trying to get to and having them lay on the horn so we can get a relative idea where it is and asking them if they see any cops around and they said they didn't see a thing.

Well we wait somemore, now it's getting to be about 8:30 or 9. My toes are numb and I can't feel my fingers or legs because of all the water I was in earlier. My friends start saying they are gunna die of starvation and whatnot. Then one of my friends says we should try and get the 450 running and just haul *** outta here, regardless of what is sitting at the bridge, "Just run them over if you have to" he says. Well I said there is no way in hell the 450 is gunna start. You're gunna gave to pull the plug and kick it over then yadda yadda yadda, you guys know how it is. And there is no way you can do that without tools, in the dark, when you can't feel your fingers, and you're hungry. Well one of my frieinds say to try and spin the tires by hand with it in gear to get the valves to open and get the water out of the cylinder and then stand it on end to drain it. Supposedly they did it with his dirtbike when it drowned out and it worked. Well we did that and it WORKED. It started up in 3 kicks, but it still had water in the carb. and it would die if you so much as looked at the throttle wrong.

So we decided we are getting the **** outta here and yank it down into the creek and my friend starts pulling me up and down the creek while I'm dumping the clutch and pumping the throttle trying to get it to blow the water out. Well I finally got it to run and held if off the limiter for 3 or 4 seconds to make sure it would run and we took the **** off. And just for ****s and grins my friend came flying around a corner in 5th gear pinned and smoked a turkey that was sitting in the creek, on a 400 Foreman. They all turned around to go grab it and take it home (I was thinking WTF, we are running from the cops and you want to haul a dead turkey around with you while doing that?!?!?) Well somehow it survived and ran off and they couldn't find it. So we take back off and get to the bridge and up on the road and haul *** to the nearest trails and take a bunch of backwoods trails to our trucks without seeing a single cop, but alot of cars for being a Sunday night. I load my **** up and my friend puts his in the garage and we decide to never ride in that creek again and we head home wondering how the hell we even managed to get outta there without seeing a single cop. THE END

And if you think that wasn't a long story you're crazy, because I left out quite a bit of details.

Stickman400
11-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Holy ****, now THAT is a post, lol:D

CJM
11-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Damn thats insane! Glad you didnt get caught tho. Guess you aint ever going back again lol.

Stickman400
11-09-2012, 06:12 PM
We'll prolly go down there again, but only if we are with a bunch of people so we can all run different directions and they get lost trying to follow us. I also forgot to mention that destyoing a beaver dam in a creek or river is against the law and is punishable with a $1500 fine and up to 6 months in jail. Let alone riding in the creek to begin with and destroying the habitat or whatever.

CJM
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Stupid beavers...how dare they build a damn where you ride! :blah:

400exmxracer
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
HIJACKING THREAD.......

..........SELF BIOGRAPHY BEGINS: I TRAP BEAVER! Season opens Tmoro! Hahaha. We catch quite a few every year. Subs and other people pay us to catch them and then we skin them and sell them so its kind of a double win:). We also trap muskrat mink coon coyote fox and I'm sure I'm forgeting something. That's my other hobby I do besides riding. I hunt, trap, fish and ride. Just shot me a 6x6 elk on the 6th

CJM
11-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Got pics of that sweet elk?

I wanted to go whitetail hunting this year but lack the time due to work and school :(

400exmxracer
11-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I have a lot, but can't upload pics from my phone, I'm on my way home to Michigan from the west side Colorado right now, I'm in Wyoming right now and I don't have a computer at home to do it, but it was the experience of a lifetime that ill always remember. I stayed in a tent on a mountain with my dad and uncles. Wd found out a cougar lived in some rocks about 50 yards away from our tent after about 5 days sleeping there:). It was awesome. I'd tell anyone to go that's interested. It's worth every dime. We don't use a guide, they aren't really needed. All you need is to be in shape to walk up and down the mountains and a .300win mag it was my first time ever elk hunting and it was awesome.

KKiowaTJ
11-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Thats crazy, They are that bad all the way up the river. Its mini dumont with the river soo low and creeks dry for the most part.

I run just the same, They are a joke. Whats worse, A cabin or dozen when it floods or a quad that sprays a little sand?

Rumor around here is its $1500 and they take your quad. Thats why only bullets or 110% blocked in will i stop. If they shoot its a win/win. I live, I sue:D If i die my son's son will never have to work a day in his life.
That and i have seen a old quadsport, Yellow can-am and was told they have two 1000cc ones? But they have been wrecking them as none can ride and cant control them.

Reason i mention this, The DNR which bought these machines, Are working togeather in ALL creek, river and stream beds. Their loop hole that makes it legal is like fising, If your not tied or on the "bank" its 50/50 IA/MO.
Good luck and always make sure you go out with a full tank of gas if you can, You never know when you will need it.

pmg8134
11-10-2012, 05:24 AM
how was the turkey?

DragonGunner
11-10-2012, 05:49 AM
I have stories of a guy on a 400EX, cops, guns an chases......not saying though!!!! I grunted this 8pt. in last week an got with my bow....this now the offical thread jack Thread...lol.

400exmxracer
11-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Nice buck. What kind of bow do you have?

DragonGunner
11-10-2012, 07:55 AM
1990 Hoyt 70lbs. Ted Nugent easton arrows with Muzzy broadheads. I hit buck an it broke through the shoulder blade an 2 ribs, just fletchings showing, usually its a pass through all the way but shoulder blade stopped it a little...this is why i went to 70 lbs an the Muzzy's a long time ago just in case I hit the shoulder....12 yd. shot.

Would love to Elk hunt, been to CO. 4 times but not to hunt....did you guys have to cut up the elk an pack it out?

dxcody
11-10-2012, 01:25 PM
LOL

Good times though man.. It is times like those that you will never forget..

In a few months when you are drinking some beer with friends and stuff you will be rolling.

We had that happen a few times with us because we ride at a old conservation club.

It is basically in my buddies back yard and is nothing but old stripper pits from the mines. So it is all up and down hills.

Well we get a few DNR guys out there and they know who it is riding back there so we usually just haul the mail when we see them and go park in my buddies garage and shut the door.. then stand outside and watch them drive by with a big fat F*CK YOU!

We are still young and dumb... WHY NOT!

Until they get quads and can keep up with us on trails that we have rode for 10 years... They aren't going to catch us unless they really break out the tag team deal or something LOL

dxcody
11-10-2012, 01:25 PM
LOL

Good times though man.. It is times like those that you will never forget..

In a few months when you are drinking some beer with friends and stuff you will be rolling.

We had that happen a few times with us because we ride at a old conservation club.

It is basically in my buddies back yard and is nothing but old stripper pits from the mines. So it is all up and down hills.

Well we get a few DNR guys out there and they know who it is riding back there so we usually just haul the mail when we see them and go park in my buddies garage and shut the door.. then stand outside and watch them drive by with a big fat F*CK YOU!

We are still young and dumb... WHY NOT!

Until they get quads and can keep up with us on trails that we have rode for 10 years... They aren't going to catch us unless they really break out the tag team deal or something LOL

400exmxracer
11-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Yeah we had to pack it out. It's a long story, but I shot it way back in the bush and we had to get to it with the 4x4 quads(foreman n kawasaki) and we had to cut it in half with our knives after I gutted it and stick half on each fourwheeler to get it out off the mountain. And then we cut it up that day. One of the most redneck things I've ever done. I loved it

cheater13
11-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Dang that story was interesting! :devil: