PDA

View Full Version : winter outdoor racing/tracks

skyeryder
11-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Trying to figure out how far south I'd have to go to get him on a mx track, is there any tracks north of Durhamtown cause that's what I'm looking at now, Tenn??? We're from Indiana. This is planning for Dec and Jan

eightysix86
11-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Durhamtown Best Bet !! All indoor on the east side of TN.

kenziedad
11-08-2012, 07:19 PM
I know you may be looking for outdoor but there is a good indoor motocross track in maysville ky. Earlywineracing.com can give you all of the directions. They are a great bunch of people up there. They are doing a big grand re-opening bash on the 24th with a live band and the whole works. I think there is gonna be practice that day and the sunday following, it would be a good time to check it out, and it is not nearly as far as durahmtown from you. It's a pretty big track.

edwardsp&b
11-09-2012, 06:05 AM
Amp mx is a great track and they will start racing in the next few months. I think he has a winter jam planned for the first of December.
Check the racing page on this forum because we will post and try to get alot of racers at a paticular local race. Most all the tracks around here are open during December-January. Aonia is always open and ready to ride too. Durhamtown is probably your best bet. They have a couple of really nice tracks, so your not just riding the same track the whole time.
Bryan

Ryko racing
11-09-2012, 06:56 AM
I have heard that Durahmtown is not quad friendly. I am told we cannot ride on the Bomber track. Is this true ?

nastynotchback1
11-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Ryko racing
I have heard that Durahmtown is not quad friendly. I am told we cannot ride on the Bomber track. Is this true ?

The only track you cannot practice on is the bomber.If you know the right person to talk to you can get on bomber with a mini.Quads are 3 to 1 at d-town so i would not say they are not quad friendly.

edwardsp&b
11-09-2012, 08:09 AM
We just ride up and jump on. Ive only had one a-hole say something to me about being on the track. Most of the time there are no dirtbikers on that track and there is nothing to worry about. If you want to, talk to Mike (owner) when you get there and tell him its your kid that wants to ride the track. He usually says yes. Now they are not going to let a 450 on that track unless prior approval from Mike the owner. The week before Nationals this past year we went up to that track and it was just Ben and Thomas Brown out there all by themselves for about an hour.
Shoot me a Pm and let me know when you are coming down. Im sure we can get a group together to show up for a race or just riding.
Bryan

jake55
11-09-2012, 08:15 AM
was Brown able to keep up??

edwardsp&b
11-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Ben tried to stick him in a corner, the next corner he showed Ben how it was done. Real nice guy, him and his father and mechanic.
Bryan

nastynotchback1
11-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Bryan,Are yall racing this weekend?

skyeryder
11-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks guys, we usually try to go to Earlywines at least twice in the winter but it just doesn't fit his riding style I guess, I figured for another 100 in gas might be better to head on south for some outdoor big track riding.

edwardsp&b
11-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Nah, Ive got Robs quads, and Ben's 90 mod is ready to go back together. Ive got a whole weekend of work, plus a makeup football game to coach Sat. Yall have fun and be safe.
Bryan

Rich243
11-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Bryan,

Are you planning to run the Dec 8th Durhamtown bomber race? We will be there tomorrow and hopefully also the December one.

Trai - are you going to be there tomorrow?