PDA

View Full Version : Need input for motorcycle related school project

adrenalinjunky
11-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Hi All,

I have to create a hypothetical motorcycle business for a school project and would like your input. The first phase is gathering opinions. If I was to build a motorcycle related website, which of the following would you find most useful:

1) A website which allows you to post a profile of your bike including pictures, videos, and build write-up along with the ability to post organized rides in your area.

2) A website which is similar to a magazine whose main focus is to test products and document the process with results (basically product reviews like consumer reports) and provide industry and biker event news.

3) Please describe a motorcycle related website you would find useful I did not mention

I appreciate the responses you take the time to provide.

KKiowaTJ
11-07-2012, 08:53 PM
If its a business take number 1 out of the picture. You are there to make money, Not a place for everyone and their mom to post drama, Trolls and this is better than that crowd. Id rather have money.

I cant help ya much on what field to pick, Thats what you alone will have to set your self apart. But if i was to venture into that in my part of the country, Used/salvage bikes and stolen recovery. You can par them out and have oem take off parts as well as aftermarket. Sell as a salvage title or parts.

Everyone has a R/D parts test area and everyone like "their" reliable source. Thats the fun one and has you tearing *** but you will have to front alot of $$$ before you get a name and sponsors.
On this i would come here and search for it, Or make a thread for info. Remember we always see what a website/magazine and then come here for "real world" info which has that on all brands.

Good luck either way

adrenalinjunky
11-08-2012, 09:05 PM
thank you for the feedback. any others?