PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think of this bike?

rollie
11-07-2012, 01:11 PM
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/rvs/3380519226.html

thinking of taking a look at this bike, anyone know is the old JP racing parts use the same ball joints as current lonestar? thinking of buying it, slapping some shocks on it some MX tires and wheels and having a good ole time on it, its a 1987

sand_blaster
11-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Looks pretty good to me. Stock shocks though :|
but has some high priced parts on it. I say if it really does have all them parts like the yukon gears, diffently worth the price.

atv fan 28
11-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Just cause it has a spacer plate, does not mean its a stroker motor. And unless its been bored there is no 39mm AS carb. But its a nice bike.

beobe99
11-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the link, I went and bought it thanks to you! :blah:

Kidding, Looks good if you ask me. Just be sure to check all the issues like compression (if you can), frame cracks/bends/welds, looseness in the bearings (a-arms, wheels, swinger).

I'd also throw 2k at him, see if he bites.

C-LEIGH RACING
11-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Look at the rear grab bar mounting bolts, the old model frames, those bolts were far apart, new, close like 2" from each other.

One way you can tell if it is a stroker, if the owner will let you do the test.
Pull the spark plug out, then take a long straight piece of wire & stick down into the cylinder, rotate the crank until the piston is at BDC, mark the wire at the edge of the plug hole, then rotated the piston to TDC & mark the wire again at the edge of the plug hole. Now measure between the two marked lines to see what the stroke is.

You can as well, almost check to see what the cylinder bore is with a small dia piece of wire.
You would need to bend the wire L shaped, stick it down into the plug hole & the wiggle it until the end of the wire touches the cylinder bore wall.
You'll need to adjust the bend in the wire so that the L bend of the wire touches the bottom edge of the plug hole threads, just like as if you were measuring from the spark plug hole over to the cylinder bore wall.
Now just measure the length of the wire from the L bend to the end, double that measurement & add in 14mm for the plug hole width & you will be real close to knowing the bore measurement.
Neil