PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

Rileyracing00
11-05-2012, 04:57 PM
My boy was riding DRR 70 today. Pulled in to take a break to get something to eat. I changed the gear oil and added more fuel so he could go back out and practice for this weekend. He went to kick it over and nothing. Acted like the gear was stripped. I pulled the cover off and the spring was ok. I could roll the variator over (crank) with my hand. Not normal correct? New to atv's so I could use all the help I can get. Acts like no compression.

nastynotchback1
11-06-2012, 05:43 AM
Sounds like no comp.I would check it and see what it is.

tntauto1127
11-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Yeah you can turn the variator by hand although not really easy. Sounds like the gear that moves out to engage the teeth on the variator is not moving out far enough. Alot of times its due to being dirty. Make sure the gear in the cover itself moves freely. Take the cover off and push the kicker down by hand. You'll see the gear actually moves out and then back when the kicker goes up. If you push down on the kicker a little that gear will pull off there. Pull it off clean it up and put it back on the same way by pushing the kicker down a little bit then sliding the gear back in place. I give my gear a shot of WD-40 where it slides on and also in the groove the spring fit in.