PDA

View Full Version : Rear shock

boomer1745
11-03-2012, 08:49 PM
I have a problem with my rear shock. I have a 90 Apex and my rider is 165 lb. I know that is a big rider for the bike. He is 13 years old. I have motowoz all the way around. The rear is the problem. I have had it rebuilt twice and new springs. He still hits to hard in the rear and bottoms out the shock. It squats without the rider .It is a 14 inch shock. The clearance on the bottom is not where it should be. Should I or could I put a taller shock on it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

eagertorace
11-03-2012, 11:30 PM
who's building the shock?...are they valving to his weight and are the springs right? also make sure the length is correct, good luck.
if it's build right he shouldn't be bottoming out like that.

jandjracing
11-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Was that shock built for your quad / swingarm / rider? Motowoz is a custom shock company that custom builds them for you. A 14" shock means nothing if the leverage ratio / stroke / etc isn't designed for your quad. Is it a dual rate spring setup? Have you lowered the crossover rings so the main spring comes in faster?

boomer1745
11-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Root river did the shocks the first time. Re-valved and springs. Quinn re valved them and said they(Root River) should have put a bigger spring on them. Quinn, I think is his name,great guy, tried to help me get through the race at the Nationals at Ballance. Quinn did not have the size spring I needed with him. I bought the quad from someone else I believe the shocks were built for the quad. It has a DC swing arm. The person I got it from said Tyler Mack won a championship on it. My funds are limited and I need a fix for the problem. Thanks for your help.

RCR_531
11-04-2012, 01:46 PM
SALES: info@motowoz.com
TECHNICAL: jim@motowoz.com
SPONSORSHIP: suzi@motowoz.com
PHONE: 763-390-9549

Give them a call or shoot them an email. They are great people to work with and Jim will work on your problem until it is fixed.

nastynotchback1
11-07-2012, 10:34 AM
I think a DC swinger uses a 14.5 in shock.I know the factory apex lt is 14.5 and would not think that DC would use a shorter one for there swinger.Might be somthing you wanna call DC about and confirm with them.