PDA

View Full Version : WORCS questions!!

IOWAracer
11-02-2012, 11:03 PM
So I just moved from Missouri to Phoenix for MMI, I raced local and GNCC's back home now going to run the WORCS Series for 2013. I will be on a 05 YFZ450 and it has been a while since I raced a Yami but its being given to me to race so I wont complain! My questions are what size tires does everyone run, what width a arms and rear axle and anything else you might think is good for me to know I will be in the Pro Am class if that helps anyone..

Thanks guys glad to be back on four wheels and cant wait to start the season!

BB

dxcody
11-03-2012, 12:23 AM
I actually just talked to Tina (Quadjunkies) on facebook last night asking her the same questions!

According to her, they run 20" tires.. Even for MX because they are so used to running them.

She said when the GNCC pro's like Brian Wolf went over and raced there, they ran the same setups they used in GNCC and I mean, Brian won! So it must work out decent.

If I am remembering right she said, an MX based setup is typically what most guys run over there.

Good luck to you! Hope one day I can do a worcs race!

ktmmack
11-03-2012, 10:03 AM
you pretty much set up the quad like an mx machine but run the 20" rears and 21" fronts. Most course utilize a full prepped mx course and the off road sections are usually fast and whooped out. definitely a different set up from GNCC

TTracer#22
11-05-2012, 11:18 AM
The GNCC bike are generally narrower the a WORCS bike as we dont have the narrow tree sections. With the exception of a few tracks they utilize a full MX track with 3-5 miles of Offroad terrian.

Hope this Helps