PDA

View Full Version : Whos getting Hondas ready for 2013 race season

QuadJunkies
11-01-2012, 10:17 AM
We only went to a couple races this past year and already having to add a new frame .

THIS TIME ... were adding a few new Gussetts . We normally do , but didnt want to strip it until we had to . Teixeira Tech MX gussett kit installed .

SUCKS doing these tear downs when your Hubbys gone for 3 months !

QuadJunkies
11-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Frame, sub frames back from powdercoater ...now to put the sucker back together again .. lol

Other than that, Im happy to report just needing a new bumper and grab bar !
Motors in great shape ! :macho
Terrible cell phone pic

DnB_racing
11-01-2012, 04:54 PM
I like it!!!! what color and type of powder is that...

id like to see that in person .
I bet it will set that quad apart from any other,
was that the color you were going for?

who did it?
could you give some details on the color scheme,

Make sure to clean your ground real good along with a motor mount, your quad will thank you for it when you get no oxidation from electrolysis on your pivot!!!

QuadJunkies
11-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
I like it!!!! what color and type of powder is that...

id like to see that in person .
I bet it will set that quad apart from any other,
was that the color you were going for?

who did it?
could you give some details on the color scheme,

Make sure to clean your ground real good along with a motor mount, your quad will thank you for it when you get no oxidation from electrolysis on your pivot!!!

Its nothing special really... just a glossy black. Went with something simple this time .
Its black and blue and white .
This is the quad.

QuadJunkies
11-01-2012, 06:13 PM
actually... this is a better look at it .
Nothings changing, just the frame

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/142358654.jpg

DnB_racing
11-01-2012, 07:13 PM
too bad it almost looked like a black chrome, the picture deceived me ....
thanks for the response

QuadJunkies
11-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Lol
its because of reflection.

Balaz_73*00
11-02-2012, 08:09 AM
too bad it almost looked like a black chrome, the picture deceived me ....
thanks for the response

I was thinking the same.

etondaddy
11-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Looks good....your sh*t's always sweet.....;). Kyle's came out well...ok. I think it needs black plastics.

Mike Kozura

QuadJunkies
11-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by etondaddy
Looks good....your sh*t's always sweet.....;). Kyle's came out well...ok. I think it needs black plastics.

Mike Kozura
LOL! Thanks Mike ! :D

Didnt Kyle have a nasty accident not too long ago ? These kids are gonna put me in my grave from a heart attack I swear :p

We ran into a snag ... cant seem to figure out why the A Arms wont tighten down. Not stripped... they FEEL tight when you oput a socket on one side and an Allen on the other ... but when you let one side go it keeps acting LOOSE . Also never bled brakes before .. I have to have someone come show me how to do this .Its one thing to be a Motot Mom and another to be a full on Moto Mom Mechanic. LOL
Thank GOD I had a helper all day yesterday because the wiring is where I would have bombed it .
Also put on the sub frame on before realizing the OEM chain has no master link ...:mad:
Oh well... we hate O ring chains anyways .lol

Lets See Kyles ! Yours always looks good too !

etondaddy
11-04-2012, 11:21 AM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/2012-10-03173211.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/2012-10-03173200.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/2012-10-03173117.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/2012-10-03173224.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-04-2012, 11:26 AM
HOLY CRAP that is SIIICKK ! :eek: :devil:

We didnt do anything THAT fancy this time . lol
Pocket book just wont allow anymore . Kids have killed the wallet. ha !

I want to get a new hood eventually for Brandon and Troys .Ill be just happy to have it back together again :p

etondaddy
11-04-2012, 11:26 AM
It wasn't that bad....the quad ran his head over, and he felt a little funny so the old lady made him go to the hospital....he was fine just a headach.

keep the master cyl. full have him pump the brakes and hold them down and loosen the bleeder...tighten it back up while it's still held down and do it untill you get all the air out...and it feels good.

Thanks but I always like yours better......:D

Mike Kozura

etondaddy
11-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Rich and Rod @ Root River helped us ALOT on this one....still need a DWT Champion in a box set of wheels and some ITP tires...

Mike Kozura

CJM
11-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Remove the master cyl cap. Get some tubing and a large feed store type syringe. Fill the syringe with fluid, put the tube over it and put it over the bleeder.

Then open the bleeder and push the fluid thru. Instant brakes.

etondaddy
11-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Remove the master cyl cap. Get some tubing and a large feed store type syringe. Fill the syringe with fluid, put the tube over it and put it over the bleeder.

Then open the bleeder and push the fluid thru. Instant brakes.

yea man.......;) that's a idea...lol

DnB_racing
11-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by CJM

Then open the bleeder and push the fluid thru. Instant brakes. dont you mean fill the syringe AND Tube with fluid

QuadJunkies
11-04-2012, 06:11 PM
I was told to just fill it with brake fluid , pump the brake and open the brake lid to let air out ?:confused:

Ive got a syringe ... working on that tomorrow.

The a arms is whats got me baffled.. not sure if its meant to be this way or not ... doesnt seem to want to fasten down tight. Feels tight when you put a socket on one side and an ellen wrench o nthe other ,but when you take either off it still spins ?
No parts are missing... wondered if maybe originally it should have come with another washer ?? Or... maybe its supposed to have a little play..

I sure miss my husband right now . this craps over my head :scary: :ermm:

All I know is I want to ride at Dumont before it gets cold dang it ! lol
I need a day of seat time before race seasons starts for my Son because then It will be another 9 months before I get to ride again . LOL

CJM
11-04-2012, 06:21 PM
dont you mean fill the syringe AND Tube with fluid

Yea, sorry forgot to mention that.

etondaddy
11-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Yea it sounds like there's a washer missing or something and your running out of threads before it's getting tight..... I think that's what you mean the bolt turns from one side or the other after you take one side off...???. If you want we can talk on the phone ...may be better, pump the brakes up and hold them while you crack the bleeder.....I was thinking about it if you push fluid thruogh the bleeder to the master cyl. that's going to make a big mess....lol

Mike Kozura

QuadJunkies
11-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by etondaddy
Yea it sounds like there's a washer missing or something and your running out of threads before it's getting tight..... I think that's what you mean the bolt turns from one side or the other after you take one side off...???. If you want we can talk on the phone ...may be better, pump the brakes up and hold them while you crack the bleeder.....I was thinking about it if you push fluid thruogh the bleeder to the master cyl. that's going to make a big mess....lol

Mike Kozura
I might take you up on that Mike! Ill let you know tomorrow.

AtvKid4Eva
11-04-2012, 06:37 PM
what i do to bleed the brakes is either get a small syringe and take the brake line off at the master cylinder and fill it with brake fluid from the syringe and then reconnect it. Bleed like normal. It will make the process much faster. The small master cylinders take forever to fill the lines up. Or get a bleeder kit from harbor freight or a local hardware store, they are cheap and pump the fluid through.

As for the a arms bolt, you might just need to give it another good tighten with the ratchet. There shouldn't be any washers on the OEM a arm bolts.

QuadJunkies
11-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva
what i do to bleed the brakes is either get a small syringe and take the brake line off at the master cylinder and fill it with brake fluid from the syringe and then reconnect it. Bleed like normal. It will make the process much faster. The small master cylinders take forever to fill the lines up. Or get a bleeder kit from harbor freight or a local hardware store, they are cheap and pump the fluid through.

As for the a arms bolt, you might just need to give it another good tighten with the ratchet. There shouldn't be any washers on the OEM a arm bolts.
Thanks for the info.
These are aftermarket a arms.there is one small washer on there and it still spins. Nothings fell off either...so its been ridden all year like this. Strange. ..lol
A friend put these on. Theres one small one on there right now .Ill call suspension guy to see whats the scoop.

hondathumper92
11-04-2012, 06:50 PM
I had the same prob when I got my arms and stuff I finally found out it was the nut it was bad there is like lock tite stuff on the end which makes it tight once they come off the bolt just spin but won't come lose just take the nut off and replace it and it will be good as new

Charles828
11-13-2012, 10:45 PM
2012:
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h465/CharlesChagnon/21218d32.jpg

2013:
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h465/CharlesChagnon/756B496C-BBAF-40EB-9395-B3770F938D98-1386-000001A45AC09061.jpg
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h465/CharlesChagnon/KGrHqIOKiQE1UQmcSBNjiJyDd0_12.jpg

scotturban
11-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Hondas looking good guys!

extremeblastr
11-15-2012, 06:01 PM
i've personally used the syringe idea in reverse and it works out great, you just keep filling the reservior with brake fluid and then use the syringe to pull it through the bleeder. when you pull solid fluid (meaning no air bubbles which will be visible inside the syringe) make sure the reservior is at the fill line and tighten everything up.

QuadJunkies
11-15-2012, 06:09 PM
got is all done yesterday !!
We had a slight hiccup but its all done .Brakes were a PITA ! They bubbled for an hour ..
Thank you Baby Jesus ! LOL :p

Off to Dumont on Sat. and MX on Sunday ! :blah: :macho

Keep those photos coming and best to all of your riding season ! Nice rides ! :cool:

QuadJunkies
11-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by hondathumper92 I had the same prob when I got my arms and stuff I finally found out it was the nut it was bad there is like lock tite stuff on the end which makes it tight once they come off the bolt just spin but won't come lose just take the nut off and replace it and it will be good as new
Turns out a spacer(washer ) was missing... Its been ridden this whole time and didnt know it :/
All is good now .
I was thinking this was our problem also

Oh wait... shoot ! I forgot we hav abumper still coming . crap, I hope thats here before the wk end .It got shipped to the wrong address so its been abit longer of a wait .

QuadJunkies
11-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing too bad it almost looked like a black chrome, the picture deceived me .... thanks for the response This gives me ideas for my Husbands quad... God help me but ...I THINK we MIGHT do his next while hes working out of state if I can get a hand with it froma ferind or two .
I must be outa my ever luvin MIND !!:scary:
Tell me how many wives are willing to that ! LOL !!

I found an awesome powdercoater here in Las Vegas whos very reasonable also. We barely had to touch anything to clean up on bolt holes or anything ! IVe seen that color actually on a quad once before and it IS trick