PDA

View Full Version : Eton 90 Top/Bottom End - Need some Help from the Experts

jrns281
10-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi Guys,

I recently finished my first top & Bottom end on my son's Eton Viper 90. I got everything installed and ready to fire it and it will just crank very slowly and not enough to turn the motor over. I did increase the bore to a 52mm. The bike has a Hetrick Racing Gen II Pipe and thats about it for mods. I tried to jump it via a portable insta-jumpers and still it had no increase in the motor turning over. Everything worked before I did the rebuild and never had problems with the starter/solenoid. The bike is a 2005 without Reverse.

I would certainly appreciate any advice or expertise you guys can give me. I have appreciated all the past advice and know this is a great site for mini's.

Currently the battery is 12.5 volts on it and is a battery that comes stock on the bike (80 CCA).

Thanks Guys in advance

10-31-2012, 10:18 PM
We have only left one Drr stock. With the small battery and sh-i-ty starter it wouldn't turn over after time. Try to kick start it and see if it fires. Buy kicking your turning the motor over twice as fast as the electric. We make all our quads race ready and ya the little ones can't kick over but we make it work and all goes smooth. All I can say is try the kicker and go over the conections for starter and maybe a new batt. I have also had the problem on crf's with sh-i-ty batts and when I would try to jump still nothing, I put new bat in and bam fired up..

11-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Have you tried turning it over with your hand? Sounds like you might be hitting the head. Did you increase the diameter of the head?
Thanks

jrns281
11-01-2012, 09:29 AM
OMG, to my lack of experience, no the cylinder head is the stock head which does not make sense now to go to a slightly bigger bore and not increase the size of the cylinder head. I believe these quads come with a stock 47 or 50mm head.

Thanks.

11-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Squish clearance should be 40 thousandths and the head width should be 52mm or slightly bigger if you have bored it out to 52mm

jrns281
11-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Okay, so with that said, I need to purchase a 52mm cylinder head to match 52mm bore I have installed.

Thanks for the information and advice.

11-01-2012, 10:00 AM
No problem! We are here to help you!
- Snyder Motorsports, Inc.

mini racer #39
11-01-2012, 03:51 PM
sounds like you may have a tight crank did you spin the crank when you installed it

fomospede
11-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by mini racer #39
sounds like you may have a tight crank did you spin the crank when you installed it i second this one did u.gently tap the crank throws after assembly this could be!