PDA

View Full Version : Carb Q. What's this called?

Drfat400ex
10-31-2012, 07:39 PM
So the ol 400 has been runnin like **** for a while now always stauling never would idle. Throttle cable wore out so I tore into er to put a new one on and i come to find the stop for the idle screw has broke right off! Explains my troubles eh! So my question is what exactly is the whole peice where the throrttle cable connects to on the carb called, and how exactly do i take it off, didnt wanna try it incase i found springs flyin every which direction. Any help would be appreciated!

Drfat400ex
10-31-2012, 07:40 PM

CJM
10-31-2012, 07:56 PM
The arm moves the accelerator pump. The other part opens the cylinder inside the carb, its controlled by the throttle cable. All you do is loosen up the nuts on the top of the carb for the cable and the round end slides out pretty easy. Its all spring loaded. Take the part the cables is attached to and rotate it all the way up and turn the cable-it should slide right out.

Drfat400ex
11-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by CJM
The arm moves the accelerator pump. The other part opens the cylinder inside the carb, its controlled by the throttle cable. All you do is loosen up the nuts on the top of the carb for the cable and the round end slides out pretty easy. Its all spring loaded. Take the part the cables is attached to and rotate it all the way up and turn the cable-it should slide right out. I meant how do i take the throttle drum (peice the cable connects too) off, the castings cracked off on the block that stops the idle, they said at honda that it doesnt come off. Has to be a way somehow though.

CJM
11-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Honestly IDK, I never had to take it apart like that.

Drfat400ex
11-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Honestly IDK, I never had to take it apart like that. Figured it out, the butterfly has to come off, have to somehow disconnect the shaft that runs the slide, then pull both shafts to get it out.. Looks like I'm buying a new carb.