PDA

View Full Version : riding stories

mike2001400ex
10-31-2012, 06:33 PM
I made this thread to hear some good riding stories. It doesn't matter what kind of riding I would just like to hear a couple good stories from others time riding.

HondaRacing83
10-31-2012, 07:03 PM
so this one time at bandcamp, i rode my dirt wheeler real hard

HondaRacing83
10-31-2012, 07:03 PM
so this one time at bandcamp, i rode my dirt wheeler real hard

quad2xtreme
11-03-2012, 07:16 AM
recent happening for my wife and I...

After 12 years of riding, I made a few big mistakes heading out into the Kentucky mountains without supplies. I usually have a 6-pack rack on a 400ex full of stuff like drinks, air plugs, toe strap, extra gloves, etc. Well, I recently converted my MX quad to full time XC use and didn't have a 6-pack rack on it. So we are heading back to the campground...about 10 miles away about 90 minutes before dusk. It was supposed to be a nice day from 1pm on but that didn't turn out to be true. There was a light rain most of the day and it was in the low 40's but going to drop into the 30's over night. I knew about a bad set of hillclimbs I didn't think we could make it up so I tried to avoid it coming back. I screwed up and took the wrong trail. I took us down a hill we couldn't get back up...and we couldn't get up the hillclimb on the other side either. We were stuck. With a toe strap, you can almost always get a quad unstuck as the person pulling can stand away from the quad on solid footing...and quads are usually just barely stuck (unless completing buried in thick mud). My wife was ready to call 9-1-1 and I was about to let her as I didn't want to spend the night walking out of the Kentucky mountains. We ended up getting out with a lot of pushing and lifting and made it back to the campground right as it got dark.

I will never, ever, ever...I mean ever go out riding without a strap again.

madskrillz2
11-03-2012, 01:07 PM
My favorite story involves ******* dirtbike riders. Me and some friends were regulars at a local mx track that didn't get a lot of business. I would almost go as far to say us quad guys kept the place in business for over a year. It wasn't a bad track it just had a lot of "do or die" type jumps that scared most people away. Anyway there was another track down the road that was a bit more tame. Well that track went out of business so this whole crowd of bike riders migrates to this other track. I'd say 95% of them were at best c riders just to make this better. Well of course they start *****ing about us and we are temporarily not allowed at the track. They used the ole "tearing up the track" excuse but what is hilarious to me is this track was as hard packed as asphault. It was rarely disked so it was like a highway with big jumps. After a few months they let us come back. Well I show up and get out of my truck to talk to thw track manager because we had become pretty good friends. The first thing I hear is some punk *** kid say to him "I thought you quit letting THEM ride here" in the snottiest brattiest voice you can imagine. I had that in the back of my head all day. Now this kid is one of those that thinks he's extremely fast , throwing whips over 10ft jumps, attempting to scrub, you get the idea. So I come around the backside of the track where this big uphill triple is and of course he's in front of me. I was the first quad to do it and not many bikes would hit it. As far as I knew, no one there had seen me do it so I instantly thought to embarrass this kid. As he is taking off to double this jump I triple it right in his face and I look back and wave at him. I go around the next corner and look back and he had already pulled off the track. I went back to my truck and the manager actually saw it and thought it was hilarious too. So thats probably my favorite story by far. Sorry I rambled so much lol

mike2001400ex
11-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Madskrillz2 i think that is the funniest story i heard. I should have a few good ones tomorrow because i am going to a new pit. There will probably be some funny fails

CJM
11-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Reminds me of the dirtbike kids that were talking smack at my local pit. "our 250s are soo much faster than your 450 quads blah blah" Right...ok until we pointed out no one is stock and probably pushing more hp than thier bikes were.