PDA

View Full Version : steve-o 400ex

trxex
03-11-2003, 06:56 PM
iam runing 12 disc(see mods below).my question is did you notice a power gain with 18 disc installed,and how much louder is it.tks:cool:

Miguel 400EX
03-11-2003, 07:01 PM
I am a friend of steve-o', I ride his 400ex daily. I can tell you that with all 8 disks on, the bike has more power, and more noise. I can tell a sound and a power decrease even when the disks are cut down to just 5!

Steve-o 400EX
03-11-2003, 08:23 PM
Right now I'm runnin 12 disks which is what came with it stock. I took it down to 8 for a week because my best friend(Miguel 400ex) has a farm which I ride on and I was tryin to cut down on noise a little but it took away a lot of power.

With 18 on there it is a little bit louder but it has killer top end. 18 discs reall pulls hard. With 18 discs you may be able to beat that 67.1 mph on radar because you will have a little more top end.

I do recommend it, it does work well. I am gunna go back to 18 when i do my 416 kit this spring, but i am also gunna get rid of my slip on for and E-series Pro Meg to step up the airflow out of the header.

QuadTrix6
03-12-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Steve-o 400EX

With 18 on there it is a little bit louder but it has killer top end. 18 discs reall pulls hard. With 18 discs you may be able to beat that 67.1 mph on radar because you will have a little more top end.

a pipe will not change top speed of a quad, the only thing that will make you go faster are sprockets a pipe will just get you through the gears faster

YZROOSTINYA
03-12-2003, 10:36 AM
it can if it lets the bike rev a little higher

Steve-o 400EX
03-12-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
a pipe will not change top speed of a quad, the only thing that will make you go faster are sprockets a pipe will just get you through the gears faster

Actually your wrong :chinese:,
With more back pressure the motor can not rev as high, but if you add some discs to decrease the back pressure a little the motor can rev a little higher when your wide open. My best friend runs his 400ex with an e-series with no discs, we have identical mods and jetting and I bead him off the line and once we hit 5th he catches me and passes me because he has less back pressure. Trust me I know this from first hand experience. I then ran mine with no discs for one race and we were dead even all the way down the road (about a half a mile).

I dont recommend runnin the e-series with no discs because I think its really bad for the valves.

Why do you think they make the e-series adjustable?:huh

This is the kinda stuff that the thread on people flaming each other was about, people giving bad information because they don't know what they are talking about.:rolleyes: :o