PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Racing Loretta Lynn's this weekend?

dxcody
10-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Anyone racing this weekend on Sunday?

I think I am going to. We went last year, but I didn't get to race. And ever since Ironman I have been wanting to race again. I think I am gonna give her a whirl as long as I can find a few friends to go with me.

Not sure though.

400exmxracer
10-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Let me know how ya do if you go. Can anyone go to it? I thought you had to qualify for it.

DragonGunner
10-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Qualify only for MX.....hey Cody, I went to you tube..type in 2012 GNCC Ironman, Adam McGill part 2......awesome, shows that tunnel you talked about an watch this guy make the pass on about 30 stuck riders, thats the way to do it....His camera made feel like you were there...almost...I may get my old bones out there next season an race GP locally again an get in shape an run the Ironman again....wish Lorettas wasn't so far away.

dxcody
10-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Just watched it. It makes me mad to watch that, because he makes it look so simple. Ya know when you are sitting there watching, you can say I would have did this or this... Then you get out there and there's quads everywhere, people telling you "Don't go here, don't go there" Yelling at you from behind telling you to go.. LOL It is just chaos!

But super fun!

I don't think I am going to go at all this year. Wish I was, but no one wants to go with me. It is suppose to be like 35 and raining Sunday morning so I am not sleeping in the truck. I figured if I could get like 4 friends to go, we would split a hotel room 4 ways, probably around $100 it wouldn't be bad. But only 1 of my buddies is down to go.

May just have to wait it out until the local Team Race on the 18th :(

DragonGunner
10-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Ya, you get a few more races in an you won't have to listen to anyone...I don't know how many time I come up on riders sitting there an I jump a log, weave through the tress, go through deep water an leave them sitting, then a few guys do what I just did but they are behind now.....you seem to do alot of trail an woods riding, thats where I got the instinct an the practice, ......wow, Loretta suppose to be that cold...in Tenn!!!!