PDA

View Full Version : Fellow East coast 400EX riders

jman7290
10-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Wishing all of my fellow East coast 400EX riders to be safe throughtout this storm.

dxcody
10-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Same!

Oh wait, it is suppose to hit my town too... Crap.

HondaRacing83
10-29-2012, 02:20 PM
im hoping i can miss school..

jgar
10-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Blowing kinda hard here in MA. Its going to make for some fun trail riding this weekend!!!

Mtndew99
10-29-2012, 03:22 PM
School cancellations already in my area it's been raining for 3 days now keeps getting harder and harder was hoping for snow tho

quadmanw
10-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Amen to school cancellations!

JOHNDOE83
10-29-2012, 03:49 PM
I live in FL, we get hit by ALOT of hurricane's.

I hope that anyone getting directly hit by the storm has enough supplie's. The last real hurricane here in FL we were out of power for 2 week's and some people who were un-prepared had to sit in 3 hour line's for ice and water at the local fairground's.

The last tropical storm here completely flooded and blocked people from leaving their home's for a week.

It's not a BIG hurricane but sometime's they dont have to be big to cause huge damage and loss, whatever you do DONT go out in the storm, Ive seen a small stick in 75mph wind go right through my truck's windshield :blah:

Thumpin440ex
10-29-2012, 05:26 PM
We are getting a steady 40 mph here in MD( down on the Chesapeake) Blow out tide for us, thank god the storm went north of us( Isabel put the bay in the living room) You guys up north stay safe. My buddy in DEL is getting hammered rite now. Have the house hooked up to the gen set on the boat, boats are tide up, the booze is ice cold. Bring it. hahaha

John

Ba9801
10-30-2012, 09:43 PM
We got hit here with some heavy winds. Fortunately I only had 1 tree fall and it landed in the street missing everything.

My friend had 9 trees fall all around his house, we spent all day today cutting them up.

All in all we got off alot better then some people have.

Lots of luck to everyone that is affected by this monstrous storm.

cheater13
10-31-2012, 10:08 AM
Uprooted alot of trees around me and a crapload was laying across the road. Tore some barn roofs off. One guy had a tree fall down about 5-6 foot away from his house and destroyed his lawnmower. :p

I'm just glad we had off monday and tuesday and had a 2 hour delay today. So far everyone i talked to was alright.

If anyone has been to Ocean City, Maryland i heard that half the pier got ripped off and the water was up to the barriers next to the boardwalk.

CJM
10-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Make a long story short:
Powers been off since sat night, just got power back an hour ago. Used a generator and had to hunt for gas today thinking we would be out of power for a LONG time.

Had the fireplace going and since we have a gas stove at least the stove worked (oven is electric igniter). otherwise it was kinda cold up stairs but nothing a down comforter didnt fix.

Many more are without power and some without water (or water is unsafe). Anything about 20-30 mins south of me that was near the ocean is pretty much ruined or got swept out to sea!

Ba9801
10-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Glad to hear that you are all right. It was a hell of a storm. Just remember things will get better.