PDA

View Full Version : What do u guys think?

mxstar52
03-11-2003, 06:43 PM
well, I am buying a new quad soon and i was deciding on these two either a 400EX or a z400, I heard the frames crack on the z's and I dont want too pay that kinda money and have that happen Id be mad.. my friend has a 400ex and i like it ,hasnt broken on him yet. but ive ridden a z400 once and it was nice too. does the z400 have much more power and top end than the 400ex?I usaully ride trails and im gunna start too mx race soon . which one do u think would be better and more reliable ?

CowsBitePeople
03-13-2003, 04:59 PM
I think hondas are more reliable....i would get the EX But thats just me....you can probably get more stuff for the ex anyways because its been out longer....

batgeek
03-13-2003, 05:13 PM
i agree with Cows....but remember, with enough money you can make either quad very very good for trails and mx.

my KFX frame is holding out pretty good so far, but i dont go too big on jumps yet. i do know some folks that have had trouble with their Z/KFX frames but all of them have had the frames replaced by Suzuki. one person had a hard time, but still got it replaced. the problem was mainly with his dealer not wanting to talk with Suzuki.

400EXrider#91
03-13-2003, 05:14 PM
400EX for sure...ex's are made for the track. even tho the mags dis the 400ex they are the best all around! deff get a ex

remlapr
03-13-2003, 05:17 PM
Buy a used clean 400EX - then put the extra money into making it the way you want. You will end up with a better, faster quad for the same total $$ - but your not going to have reverse on the EX, so start practicing putting your quad in "Flintstone" reverse now :D :D :D

At least that's what I'm doin :D

Glow Plug
03-13-2003, 05:19 PM
400ex i don't really trust the z and the kfx just yet because they are very unproven and i will be getting a 400ex next year unless honda comes out with something new :D

Nausty
03-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by mxstar52
well, I am buying a new quad soon and i was deciding on these two either a 400EX or a z400, I heard the frames crack on the z's and I dont want too pay that kinda money and have that happen Id be mad.. my friend has a 400ex and i like it ,hasnt broken on him yet. but ive ridden a z400 once and it was nice too. does the z400 have much more power and top end than the 400ex?I usaully ride trails and im gunna start too mx race soon . which one do u think would be better and more reliable ?

i'd get a ex but thats cuz I know everything about them and the right way to use em but if I were to start over again I dunno what i'd choose. One thing though, don't beleive the mags at all. The z400 barely has more power than a ex imo when I dragged one he was just barely inching by me. Really is what it comes down to is a slightly better handling advantage and reliability advantage for the ex but the z400 has a slight power advantage and reverse.

Glow Plug
03-13-2003, 06:31 PM
nausty is right the z don't have alot more power than the z and if your buying a high preformance machine you should be ready to get off your arse and push a bit, these mag editor are spoilt to really win a shoot out the bike must have suspion of a racer at the price of the z or 400ex like look at the dale for example it is the best quad made for under 7 k and it has a engine comparable to a raptor, and frame that is revolutionary, fuel injection and yet it still lost all the shoot outs

Nausty
03-13-2003, 06:40 PM
lol back when the raptor had the most ads the cost didn't effect it in the shootouts:o

MxStar826
03-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Nice name,you live right around the corner from me. Get a Z if your gonna ride trails and a 400 if your gonna ride pits and tracks.