PDA

View Full Version : Port Elizebeth

JACK STRAW
10-28-2012, 07:08 PM
does anybody ride in Port Elizebeth NJ anymore. it's been abot 5 yrs since i rode there and people were telling me that the fuzz was getting girls to lay down next to a 4 wheeler on a trail and pretend to be hurt and when a quad came by to help Rosco would impound their quad. any merit to this. it was an awesome place to ride

OldGuyonaQuad
10-29-2012, 09:16 AM
That spot has been hot for over 5 years from what I hear. Back in the day we used to take our dune buggies and 3 wheelers down there.

The State rangers were doing the broke down girl in a bikini routine up in Wharton so it's either true or urban folk lure that has grown wings.

The best pace to ride in NJ is still PA. ;)

JACK STRAW
10-29-2012, 10:55 AM
we just came back from hatfield & mccoy and it's worth the ride.no cops to worry about and great hills. where is a good spot in pa that would have hill good climbing

OldGuyonaQuad
10-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by JACK STRAW
we just came back from hatfield & mccoy and it's worth the ride.no cops to worry about and great hills. where is a good spot in pa that would have hill good climbing

My favorite spot is Trevorton. They have some pretty insane coal hills. We go to watch the crashes ;) and there are plenty. check em out on youtube. We stick to the trails and there is plenty of good riding on coal roads as well as packed and loose rock.

You can park in the lots if you get a pass from the Reading Anthracite Company for $125 per year that renews every January 15th. You can also hunt in season on over 15,000 acres with permits of course.

Keep an eye out on the forums I will post something as I go up there 7 or 8 times a year. I was planning on going next weekend but I'm not sure how washed out the trails will be post Sandy.

CJM
10-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Pretty much everywhere in NJ is hot. They apparently dont mind us riding, its the fines they give us they care about.

I agree PA is good unless you got a spot. I had one and they decided to kill it about a month ago.

jtquad
10-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Go to www.quadstateriders.com and then the NJ forum. They have some spots they ride. - JT