PDA

View Full Version : Worn Parts

Stickman400
10-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Was going through my old used/taken off parts today trying to clear up some space on the shelves and I got a couple parts that I'm not sure if I can keep them and fix/re-sell them or if they are junk. I have a set of old used timing chain guides out of my 400 that have very slight wear on them but I'm pretty sure they are junk right? And I also have a barely used Streamline wave rotor ($90) that got slightly bent and heat discolored from rubbing my skidplate for about 5 minutes on the ride back to the house after clipping a huge rock. Can I straighten the rotor and if so did the heat hurt the rotor any? Thanks guys!

dxcody
10-28-2012, 06:43 PM
You can straighten out the rotor and reuse it. Where it bent though it will be weak and might chip off.

The timing chain guides might be scrap but I have a old used set just in case I have an emergency and need them haha

CJM
10-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Im with Cody on the rotor, might break where it heated up but it could be fine too. Guides Id just chuck, not likely to need them again.

I save everything unless its truly trash. Saved my butt more than a few times. Like today, while going over the 400 I noticed whats that-THE SWINGARM PIVOT BOLT NUT IS GONE!!!! What do you know, I already got a back up-could be a steering stem nut tho IDK, its beat up but will work for now!

Stickman400
10-28-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm the same way. I keep everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. I even kept all my broken and bent axles and rims and stuff. I just now today decided to sort through it all and toss the junk. Also, what do you guys do with all your used clutch and throttle cables? I kept all of mine because they are still in usable shape. They aren't broken or frayed, the ends are just a little messed up from being used so much. I have 2 stock throttle cables, 2 stock clutch cables and a brand new motion pro clutch and throttle cable just in-case I need one, lol.

dxcody
10-28-2012, 10:01 PM
lol I have 2 throttle cables, and 4 clutch cables.

None of my clutch cables are worn or anything I just like to replace them every couple months to try and keep my clutch as smooth as possible.

I never replace my throttle cable. I just have extras laying around for some reason!