PDA

View Full Version : why is it???

deathman53
10-28-2012, 04:49 PM
why is it whenever you read/hear about an atv accident they are NEVER wearing helmets or any safety gear? And to add to that, when you see atv accidents in these worlds dumbest/worst/etc shows they are never wearing any safety gear? Do they do this on purpose to make us look bad??? Or are the publicized majority of atv riders really stupid?

CJM
10-28-2012, 05:02 PM
I think its a little bit of both. Cant count how many idiots ive seen without helmets. Most of them ride only occasionally it seems-hardcore riders wear safety gear Id say.

As for tv, what makes better tv-guy wearing gear falls off and gets only minimally hurt or guy wearing nothing cracks his noggin open?

Im from the school of wearing protective gear. i wont really ride anywhere but my yard without a helmet, I always at least wear work boots, I wear gloves, long sleeved shirts and pants! I ALWAYS buckle my helmet on-many dont seem to bother, one false move and you tumble off and it flys off!

:mad:

bloodswet&gears
10-28-2012, 05:23 PM
My youngest boy had a crash this weekend at a little practice track. Flipped over frontwards and landed on him. I knew it was bad when I seen paint chips from the helment. Didn't put a scratch on him. He was wearing his gear and it worked. His hand is a little sore.

You tell them boys to go a lap around the yard to see how there quad runs and you couldnt pay them to move that quad without a helmet. Dont even want to idle through the pits without one. Just look at you like you are crazy.

Hopefully they will always feel that way. And if they always show those idiots getting hurt without one and the ones that wear one came out without a scratch, it will be proof enough.

So Big Thanks to the Idiots, You play a big part in keeping the rest of us safe.

KKiowaTJ
10-29-2012, 04:35 PM
I like to have the "choice" to wear one or not.

But 90% of the time i do at minimum wear a helmet. You just never know. I know in my yard I can get away running wide open on my oval, But its only a couple laps and thats all it takes.

I can ride mine as a DD, I have to dodge cars and trucks at least once a week. I used to own sport bikes, They got sold or traded for that reason. Ill stay in the dirt box.

When in doubt, They ALWAYS use the story of the helmetless. It makes it easier to pass the law when ALL you see is that. But my 3 year old love them.
He dont have one himself like mine yet, But wears mine all the time. I can only hope that he feels the same way i do and my dad does. He made it a point to wear a helmet not only for yourself, But all the others that will cause your wrecks so its up to you, I wore one.

But as mentioned, It only takes one to make all look bad. When i go out west with my jeep, I come off a trail with a full trash bag from other low lifes. So if I dont try my hardest to keep it clean, The gate gets locked.