PDA

View Full Version : banshee sputtering/missing

theduke300
10-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Okay so i got a pretty good deal on a 2000 model banshee. The guy says its bored 30 over, but im not sure he even knew his name... t has fmf fattys thats about all i know on the motor. It starts good, idle fine, and revs fine out of gear. But once you go to ride it past half throttle and even worse in powerband, it spits and spuuters and misses terribly. Now, mr kindergarden diploma (maybe) says it needs a hotter set of plugs. Its got ngk b7eS plugs in it right now. Anyone know if this could be the problem? Or any other ideas/ things i can test or check? Thanks guys

bad-shee-581
11-02-2012, 01:27 AM
hello well it could be a few things but the hotter plug isnt one of them.. could be jetting or dirty carb also could be reeds or coil . If you dont get it give me a call or text me at 541-361-9061 and we will help you diagnose the problem.

theduke300
11-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Preciate it bud. First of all, what kinda plug should i be runnin?

bad-shee-581
11-06-2012, 12:17 AM
they run ngk b8es but they will run bad with just fould plugs. If you don't get it running right let me no via text 541-361-9061 as we are really fair on price and we will make it run I've even done a couple motors here of late on payments or trade as we know having alot of extra money is a thing of the past for some but we deal with all situations as well treat them all the same as cash paid up front as well all work is the same we don't cut corners. Also we have alot of good quality used parts in as well so it helps versus new so we always looking to buy or trade for good used parts.

theduke300
11-06-2012, 03:49 PM
But yawl are on the other side of the continent bud

bad-shee-581
11-06-2012, 08:36 PM
oh wow didn't no that lol well worse cse senrio ups it and we can go through it and check bottom end put new bearing and crnk seals and do a complete new top end on it we would need complete motor minus carbs and then just unplug your wiring t th plug completely done if crank is good as well would include porting your cylinders ll new wiseco pistons all part and labor would 550.00 plus shipping and we would have the motor done and on its way back no later than four days after we recieve it. Our zip code is 97467 you could see wht shipping would be

crlt250r
11-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Bring it over to MHR, he's in Clarkson. Contact him through 2strokecentral.com Matt can hook you up.

theduke300
11-29-2012, 05:20 AM
I have a GREAT and well trusted 2 stroke mechanic about 10 minutes away. I preciate it though. Id jhst like to fix it myself and make a little money. After talking to some friends, ive got it narrowed down to carbs or reeds. Im gunna try to talk to my mechanic this week and either fix it myself or take it to him