PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket rads

Pittsburgh400ex
10-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Was noticing my frame getting wet last time i rode and looked into it farther, since i didnt hit any water. Got a pin hole in the bottom of the fluidyne on my 05. It;s been fixed twice previously that i can see, time for a new one. Fins are bent up pretty good now, no shame for it, it's 7 years old. Would it be best to just go with another fluidyne? Looking at around 400-475 for one. It's got some work done on it so runs a little hoter and no fans on it now and i dont have them so i dont think i want to go back to stock size. Any other good brands out there? Thanks.

Pittsburgh400ex
10-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Forgot i was wanting thoughts on coolant also. Have been reading on engjne ice a bit, seems like not a bad idea...but from what i gather adding any water will ruin it. Anyone run it and like it or should i just use old tried and true green juice?

CJM
10-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Always used some green coolant and never had an issue.

You really should look into a fan. I cant recall the name of it, but latest issue of dirtwheels featured a really nice rad fan in the "what to get" section and its like less than 50 bucks

01boneless
10-25-2012, 10:53 PM
get another flu... dont get any of those junk ebay ones....

Scro
10-26-2012, 06:59 AM
I always had good luck with my PWR.

fomospede
10-26-2012, 08:28 AM
im sure we all ride hard and beat them up
that being said i didnt see the value in the pwr i had
and dont feel it was any better than a correctly maintained stocker IMO
i clean and straighten my fins and radiator often
i often look at others with smashed and pressure washed radiators and have realized that is the most important tuning feature
straightening the fins is tedious work to say the least
it really pays off on the boys high strung minis

desratt
10-26-2012, 02:31 PM
I have ran pwr, fluidyne, and n-tense fabrication, nacs radiators. i'm about to buy another pwr..I don't run a fan either I have also took out the thermostat. if you aren't lugging around you will be fine.
also just peak antifreeze 50/50 with water and add water wetter.