PDA

View Full Version : Walk around of the 440, what cha think

Thumpin440ex
10-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Just a short clip of a walk around. Also to the guys that have inquired about valve tic with aftermarket cams. My pissed off sewing machine, hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl7FbWb9CEw&list=UU0kSj9ypwIk660M3iqRBRhg&index=1&feature=plcp

John

CJM
10-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Nice John. Wish i could make mine that clean, the baked on mud and dirt doesnt wanna come off anymore lol.

Your pissed off sewing machine sounds just like mine does too :D

jman7290
10-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Lol, pissed off sewing machine!!! Mine sounds the same!

NacsMXer
10-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Looking CLEAN as always. Love the glossy plastics and polished bits.

Ah the familiar stage 3 Hotcam tick. It made me so paranoid when I had one in my engine lol. All I could picture was the piston smacking the valves on every revolution making that sound. Rustled my jimmies :uhoh:

Thumpin440ex
10-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys :D Seriously to keep it clean or easier to, I always take and spray PAM on the bike, engine before i ride. It makes getting mud ect off a bit easier. Food for thought. ;)

The tick is def def loud over a stocker. I knew that aftermarket cams were loud, but it is so much more apparent on a tiny engine verse the v8's and all I have done them in.

John

CJM
10-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Pam, seriously? What does it smell like, cooking fries lol?

I spray silicone on my snowblower, same effect.

Thumpin440ex
10-24-2012, 08:39 PM
I chit you not. I don't think it is as abrasive as other stuff, it seems to stay on better since it is made to use in frying pans. It actually has no smell to it really.

John

CJM
10-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Thumpin440ex
I chit you not. I don't think it is as abrasive as other stuff, it seems to stay on better since it is made to use in frying pans. It actually has no smell to it really.

John

Ill have to give it a shot one day lol.

Stickman400
10-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Your idle is alittle high too so that makes it sounds even worse. Mine ticks but not that bad, must be that stage 3. And I've said it a million times but I'm gunna say it again, very nice machine John. Now after seeing the whole thing in one view I would like to say you need black handlebars, black hubs, black shock springs and a chrome or black e-brake block off and that thing would be the most badass and perfect 400 I've seen.

Thumpin440ex
10-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words brotha. The swing arm is going to be black here eventually. Once I find one I like. I was going to get a chrome one but feel it will be over done in chrome. As for the hubs, springs, bars and block off, I have hubs out now getting done in anodized red, so it all ties into each other, breaks up the chrome/polish black look. If I do not like it once it is all in that color, that was my next idea, do all that black. Hope to have it all done soon. These things are money pits, LOL. I do have the idle bumped up just a little bit also. Always forget to idle it down once it's warmed up. hahaha

Thanks
John