PDA

View Full Version : True 2fast 90cc ???

hotquads1
10-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Hey guys,

The performance of the new 2fast 70 kit is so good that it has brought up the question of improving the current 2fast 86cc kit.

I am sure your aware that the current 2fast kit is 86.4cc, what are your thoughts on a true 90cc (89.9cc) full race kit? Here is the deal, the current 86cc kit is designed to be an all-purpose high performance cylinder while capable of running on pump gas for the europian market(race gas is not readily available). While it performs extremly well it can be made to perform better with some changes. The current kit can be modified to be 89.9cc and compression bumped up a bit, but it requires a custom crankshaft and and skilled port timing changes to be made, this is very effective but costly(several hundred dollars) and time consuming.

So would there be any interest in a Factory 2fast 89.9cc engine kit with custom crank, higher compression(race gas only), and factory ported (adjusted port timing) ? This kit would require no other mods and could be assembled by a do-it-yourself dad for about 175 bucks more than a stock 86cc kit ??

Does anyone have any other suggestions they would like to input towards the development of this project?

Marc

nastynotchback1
10-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Hey Marc this is Trai.This peaks my interest and i would like to know if i could use my 2fast i have now or would i need a new cyl kit.Give me a call when you can and i would love to discuss this option with you.

864-323-0356

Logan #34's Dad
10-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Well Marc if the crank builder can install a better lowend bearing this would be worth the extra money for sure. The 2 fast cranks are entirely over priced for as long as they last.

bb49
10-25-2012, 03:24 AM
we have a motor with this done already thing is fast. if anyone needs info i can tell u the guy who built it .

asadad00
10-25-2012, 05:48 AM
bb49 is your 89.9cc engine faster then a good 86cc?

machwon
10-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Are these better than the Malossi kits?

asadad00
10-25-2012, 06:28 PM
much better than the malossi kit.

nastynotchback1
10-25-2012, 07:24 PM
The out of the box too fast is better than the malossi as far as power goes

fomospede
10-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by asadad00

this is my question as well we have alot of time on are malossi and its sweet and has instructions in the box
2fast no instructions that already is a step down to me
not that i cant figure it out
but for this kind of $$ that is sh%tty

edwardsp&b
10-26-2012, 10:53 AM
No offense Mr Fomospede....A two fast tuned and jetted right will blow the doors off of a mallossi....
Bryan

asadad00
10-27-2012, 05:45 PM
We had a malossi 86cc and then got the 2fast 86 so I can tell you its alot of difference. The 2fast kit we got had instructions but the were in Italian lol. I think the 2fast products are for professional use so they may not think instructions a needed, You should be able to get very detailed instruction from your dealer if needed.

fomospede
10-28-2012, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
No offense Mr Fomospede....A two fast tuned and jetted right will blow the doors off of a mallossi....
Bryan
uh didnt you read my post !!

assaad
i think that the way malossi goes about it may prolong your build when they give you there egineers guidelines after there RD sessions
wish i could talk italian !
but ive got hotquads #

edwardsp&b
10-30-2012, 06:57 AM
machwon --Are these better than the Malossi kits?

asadad00 --much better than the malossi kit.

Fomospede--this is my question as well we have alot of time on are malossi and its sweet and has instructions in the box

Yes I did. I didnt understand what you were trying to say....Maybe the problem is that I dont speak Yankee.......LOL
Bryan

fomospede
10-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
machwon --Are these better than the Malossi kits?

asadad00 --much better than the malossi kit.

Fomospede--this is my question as well we have alot of time on are malossi and its sweet and has instructions in the box

Yes I did. I didnt understand what you were trying to say....Maybe the problem is that I dont speak Yankee.......LOL
Bryan
lmao
yeah my dialect isnt redneck
SORRY
:blah:

mkeane
10-30-2012, 10:31 AM
we ran a malossi all last year and there was only 1 2-fast that could beat us out of the hole and they where 40lbs lighter. my daughter got out rode but never out motored. we ran girls and 90 sr. Never had an engine breakdown. i give all the credit to RB Racing (machwon) for building our engines

asadad00
11-03-2012, 07:15 AM
So Marc, do you have a a crank that will make my current 86cc 2fast into a 90cc?

hotquads1
11-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Sorry for the delayed response, yes... I have a crank that converts your 86cc 2fast to a 89.9cc, it will also make the 86cc BB malossi into 89.9cc as well, but for best results the port timing would need to be adjusted.

asadad00
11-19-2012, 05:55 AM
So the crank is a bolt-in with no machine work needed? My crank has 2 seasons on it now and needs to be replaced anyway so this would be a good time to make the swap.

Does this require a different piston?

scanno
11-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Very interested too, how much is the crank? How much just to port my cylinder if I send it to you, and I guess you can tell me what squish should be? I have a new top end setup I got from you Marc, will I need anything else? Will I have to replate the cylinder?

FISH ON!
11-20-2012, 05:12 AM
Like Marc said, the port timing will be off so you will need to make changes to correct the timing.......my guess it will involve some machining on the cylinder. If you don't get that right what you will end up with is something slower than what you started with.

Marc, if that is a 2fast crank you have, I know somebody who will buy it today.

hotquads1
11-20-2012, 05:41 AM
So the crank is a bolt-in with no machine work needed? My crank has 2 seasons on it now and needs to be replaced anyway so this would be a good time to make the swap.

Does this require a different piston?
yes, the crank bolts in nothing needed but as said due to the extra stroke the prot timing will be changed so adjustments to cyllinder (machining and/or porting) and head are needed for best performance.

piston is same as 86cc 2fast.

no, cylinder does not have to be replated

If I do the port work, Iwill need cylinder and head, then I will be able to tell you the squish.

Fish-on, I have a 2fast 86 crank if needed, but I had these cranks custom made by stage-6 but in the future I will have 2fast produce a matching crank also.

contact me privatly for any pricing, the forum rules prohibit those discussions on the thread.

vipllc@bellsouth.net
Marc

FISH ON!
11-20-2012, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by hotquads1

Fish-on, I have a 2fast 86 crank if needed, but I had these cranks custom made by stage-6 but in the future I will have 2fast produce a matching
vipllc@bellsouth.net
Marc

Thanks Marc. I will have him call you. Sounds like that crank is a large spline though and he may not want that. We haven't broke any small spline variator backing plates but we've broke plenty of the large spline ones.

scanno
11-20-2012, 06:05 AM
Marc have you ever seen a 51mm piston that would work with the stock port timing? The way I figured it would still be 89.9cc. Would that much of a bore increase provide any power gains?

hotquads1
11-20-2012, 06:14 AM
I have never seen a 51mm piston but it may out there some where. It would be about a 3% gain in displacement which should translate to a similar gain in performance.

adding 3cc may not rock your world, I wouldn't tear down a fresh 86cc engine just to make it 89.9 but if It were time to install a frersh crank anyway, or you were in the market for a new kit, this could be a reasonable condsideration.

hotquads1
11-25-2012, 06:56 AM
It is official! there will be a Special Edition 2fast true 90cc, only 10 will be built at this time. They will be ready before nationals start up but a few are allready spoken for so if yoiou think you would like to own one, let me know soon.

Marc

asadad00
01-01-2013, 04:29 PM
I have an 86cc 2fast that has been running for 2 seasons , i want to send it to you and make the crank change to achieve 89.9cc do whatever porting is needed to make a BEAST. How long will this mod take?

hotquads1
01-02-2013, 07:30 AM
currently 2-3 weeks turn-around.

hotquads1
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
The 90cc 2fast kits just came in and they are SWEEET, they will be shipping out today and tomorrow, everyone with one on order be keeping an eye out.

marc