PDA

View Full Version : Where to Camp at HATFIELD MCCOY?

02Yellow400
03-11-2003, 04:13 PM
I need help we are going april 10th through the 15th.. Which is the best campground with water and electricity? I hear the rockhouse trails are the best. Anyone who knows which campsite is the closet but isnt a dump please let me konw. And also anyone with any trail suggestions on which ones to ride that would be really helpfull. Thanks

wyndzer
03-11-2003, 05:11 PM
Rockhouse is a great choice for riding.
Camping is best had at www.chiefloganstatepark.com

4punksdad
03-11-2003, 07:06 PM
NOT devil anse

Pappy
03-11-2003, 07:09 PM
chief logan all the way:macho

03-11-2003, 07:26 PM
wares this hatfield place at????:confused:

Striker49
03-11-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Rico
wares this hatfield place at????:confused:

Lay off the beer. :eek:

02Yellow400
03-12-2003, 08:48 PM
Alright so it looks like we are going to be staying that the Chief Logan state park place. But how far is it from the rockhouse trail head? And from that camp area are we gonna be able to ride the quads around or are we going to have to truck them around everywhere? And am I able to get the riding passes there?

03-13-2003, 06:22 AM
Your gonna be about 13 miles from rockhouse and about 6 miles from bearwallow... You can stay at bearwallow and ride to the trails from camp and get your passes there. You cannot ride your quad around at cheif logan. All trailheads sell riding passes..

4punksdad
03-13-2003, 03:50 PM
Your gonna be about 13 miles from rockhouse and about 6 miles from bearwallow... You can stay at bearwallow and ride to the trails from camp and get your passes there. You cannot ride your quad around at cheif logan. All trailheads sell riding passes..

do not camp at bear wallow. that campground is a dump. if you are staying in an RV it wont be too bad, bit it aint no tent campground. if you stay there, take note of the campground owner "Brady". We called him shady brady. The price on everything he sells changes depending on demand. He has to be the worst host ever.

03-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
do not camp at bear wallow. that campground is a dump. if you are staying in an RV it wont be too bad, bit it aint no tent campground. if you stay there, take note of the campground owner "Brady". We called him shady brady. The price on everything he sells changes depending on demand. He has to be the worst host ever.

Joe you better not have picked anything up from the shady character and do that at your weekend bash...:uhoh:

4punksdad
03-13-2003, 04:11 PM
Joe you better not have picked anything up from the shady character and do that at your weekend bash...:uhoh:

yep...........I am gonna charge you 9.00 for a 12pack of dr pepper!

02Yellow400
03-13-2003, 08:11 PM
Thanks for all the help. What kind of riding is it? Is there any hill climbs or pits or anything? And is one pass good for all the trailheads? Or do i need a special pass for each one. And i dont need to put my plate and that **** on do I?

Anyone else gonna be down there those dates? (April 10th - 15th) If so we can meet up it would be nice to ride with someone who already knows the trails.

4punksdad
03-14-2003, 01:27 PM
one permit works for all trails. you pin the permit to your jersey. I only rode bearwallow...........very rocky, 4x4 trails. some hills, one coal pile, one real nice trail........#26 I think.

02Yellow400
03-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Hopefully there are some hill climbs and not so many rocks. Otherwise im gonna need some new front tires. The stockers arent gonna hold up

4punksdad
03-15-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 02Yellow400
Hopefully there are some hill climbs and not so many rocks. Otherwise im gonna need some new front tires. The stockers arent gonna hold up

I rode on stock 400ex tires there and I didn't have any probs...........rims, I had to be gentle with.

02Yellow400
03-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Alright thanks for all the info. Im really looking forward to this ride. Especially since the weather is breakin. Should be real nice to do nothing but ride for 5 days.

Ex'r Marlin
03-17-2003, 09:22 AM
Did you ask if you needed your skid plates?? If so, I highly recommend having one for your Hatfield McCoy trip.:)

Best wishes camping!:)

BTW... Sorry to hear that your are going that weekend. A group from here are going the following weekend.

Doibugu2
03-17-2003, 09:39 AM
One of the guys from Floridia actually rode with no skid plate. I thought that was pretty amazing. Mine had some pretty good dents when I came back and I think Rico's brake rotor was pushing through his.

Bear wallow is rocky. trails 25, 26, 27 are pretty good trails.

02Yellow400
03-17-2003, 02:59 PM
No i dont have any skidplates. I planned on going down the following weekend with everyone but i am going with some kids that i work with and my work wouldnt allow all of us to go so instead of some of us not going we just changed the weekend. But we will all be there for the ride in june. So what skidplates should i get? Is it really that bad? What about the rockhouse trails? Any really good trails there? Any hill climbs or stuff like that? Any pits to play in?