Any information would be great...

Thanks

Troy

bananas
10-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Is this it?

TLR-Online
10-19-2012, 04:48 PM
I think duncan uses Rotax, but the PV's on spark's cylinders look different.

Here are the spare parts duncan sells... might somehow help in the future: http://duncanracing.com/TechCenter/PC2000%20Parts_9.14.12.pdf

bananas
10-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks....

C-LEIGH RACING
10-22-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but best I can remember, CT, LA Sleeve & Duncan all used the same Rotax power valve set up.

That pic your showing of the rotax valve, of the Rotax valves I've seen on 250R cylinders, I dont remember that cut out in the valves aluminum housing, exposing the rubber diaphram or those two grooves in the valve blade.

Rotax, has several versions of their valves they use on different size engines & even the valves that Polaris uses (Polaris brand) on some of their engine look real similar to the Rotax valves.
Neil

Meat
10-22-2012, 06:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1wDwoW0pr0&feature=plcp

bananas
11-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Still Looking for help... If someone has an old Sparks cylinder for a big bore that is trashed but the PV is still good please
email or PM me... The PV that I picked up won't work, the slide is to big, I have called Sparks and Curtis has be out for 2 weeks now and he is the only one that know anything their about the 2 stoke stuff... If anyone knows the right PV for my 330 please get in touch with me... I just good money to get this Cylinder redone and freshen up. Any information
will help..... I have everything but the slide...

email: tbananas@gmail.com

Thanks

Troy

C-LEIGH RACING
11-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Those Pro-x cylinder castings, that CT Racing, Sparks, ESR used for years, were all machined at LA Sleeve shop & then shipped to the retailing dealers, so each of them were machined the same regardless of which dealer it was going to.

In the early years, that Rotax PV valve (not the one in your pic) was used on all except the ESR. Later in years Rotax stopped providing the valves to be used on the Pro-x casting, so the dealer had to come up with their own type of valve to use.

CT Racing has their own PV valve, that should bolt right in place on that Sparks cylinder you have.
If you would though, could you post a pic of the mounting surface on the front of the cylinder casting, so we can see how the machining was done.

You could call CT Racing to get the price of their valve or maybe BDT Motorsports for their price.
The PV valves on the ESR cylinders, the ESR power valves, the machining on those valves are a bit different from the old Rotax or the new CT Racing valves.
The mounting surface of the ESR valve, where it bolts up to the cylinder is the same & will bolt up & the valve blade will work, but the pulse hole that operates those ESR valves is in the valve blade & not up through the valve body like the Rotax or CT.
Neil

bananas
11-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Here is a Picture of the stop where it goes...

C-LEIGH RACING
11-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Yep, there it is, see the little pulse hole in the cylinder casting.

You could get one of the new power valves from CT Racing & will bolt right on, or you could go to the 250R site & ask those guys for the listing for all the Rotax part to build a complete Rotax power valve just like what was used years ago on the Pro-x cylinders.
Neil