PDA

View Full Version : A few sexy *** shots :Put some goods on betsy

Thumpin440ex
10-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Finally was able to get the axle, durabule rotor brake/fade hub, carrier, sprocket hub on. Last week I added a set of LSR +2 arms, so I needed to get with the back end. Hopefully I will have my hubs back soon from powder coat. Had them done in anodized red, to match the E brake block off, the handle bars..Here are a few pics. Going to give it a good cleaning tom. Enjoy.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/mangler0075/400ex/1-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/mangler0075/400ex/3-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/mangler0075/400ex/2-1.jpg

Stickman400
10-19-2012, 12:06 AM
You're going to clean it tommorow? It already looks BRAND FREAKIN' NEW!!!

Thumpin440ex
10-19-2012, 12:29 AM
LOL thanks man, yes it is clean buut. I am seriously particular about my stuff. I usually pull the wheels off 2 times a month and polish. Cases, get polished ,the other polished stuff, gets a good rub. Hard to believe I actually ride the damn thing, lol.. Hell I tire shine the tires for the love of god. hahaha

John

jman7290
10-19-2012, 05:16 AM
Looks good Bro!

AtvKid4Eva
10-19-2012, 06:11 AM
looks awesome! Wait until you hammer down in a corner and the bike stays planted! Huge difference over stock

Thumpin440ex
10-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks all :D

Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva
looks awesome! Wait until you hammer down in a corner and the bike stays planted! Huge difference over stock

Thats what I am hoping for :D

John

Stickman400
10-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Well it looks like I spoke too soon for that brake hub. I went to put a new RAD carrier in mine today and went to take the hub off and it wouldn't even move, and I only hand tightened it when I put it on. I think it got bunch of creek water and sand in the threads and it got corroded and seized up. I finally got it apart with alot of heat from a torch and a pipe wrench, but the threads were f***ed, what a waste of $250.

I'd just be sure to keep that thing clean and make sure it comes apart after every ride.

Thumpin440ex
10-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Damn that sucks. I put a **** ton of anti seize on the threads. Hope I don't have that issue.

John

Stickman400
10-20-2012, 07:07 PM
I was looking at a RAD locknut but I don't want to re-use any of the stock axle nut assembly, since it's such a ****ty design. So I went and got the Lonestar anit-fade brake hub, I'll let you know how it turns out. Good luck with yours, you shouldn't have a problem with yours since you keep it so clean and you coated it with a lot of anti-seize. I didn't put any anti-seize on mine because I thought the threads were so huge and it was aluminum that it wouldn't matter, but I guess with the sand I ride in it was just a matter of time until I got it in there and tried to wrench it off.

Thumpin440ex
10-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Yah I hear ya about the stock set up. It def is not made to come apart. Atleast for me it didn't hahaha. You should be good to go once you put the new stuff on. Just put anti seize on it. I to only put the nut on a bit more then hand tight. Just enough to snug it on the bearings.

John

Stickman400
10-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Well it seems like every thing I do always never works the first time or it's just some stupid little thing makes it so it won't work.

I got that LSR locknut today and coated the threads on the locknut and axle with anti-seize then slide it on and the damn collar that butts up against the bearings is about an 1/8" too long, so I can't get the snap ring into the slot on the axle to tighten the nut down. I think it's the tapered bearings that are screwing me over since they sit alittle further out than normal bearings do. So now I'm gunna have to see if my old Durablue locknut will slide furher down and I may end up returning the LSR for another Durablue. Either that or I need to have a machine shop turn down the flange an 1/8" to clear, idk.

That's just my luck though. Now I'm either gunna have to run the 450 in that harescramble or just not race. Damn.

Thumpin440ex
10-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Damn dude that suks. So your saying the the end is hitting the bearings before the collar slides past the circlip groove, you can not access the circlip groove on the axle? You sure the bearings didn't creep out of the carrier a little by chance?

John

Stickman400
10-25-2012, 01:18 AM
Yea, thats what its doing. And I thought that it was hitting prematurely and causing the problem but even after I held the opposite end of the axle and tapped the bearing all the way in it still wasnt enough. The only reason that I can think of why it's doing this is either because RAD didnt design the carrier to be used with one piece hubs or the 450R carriers (which is what the hub is for since I have a 450R rear brake setup) is 1/8" narrower.

Stickman400
10-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Well I went out and measured the locknut assembly and measured my old Durablue unit and wouldn't you know it the Durablue is exactly an 1/8" shorter than the LSR. So I guess I'm returning it and exchanging it for another Durablue. 400s gunna be sitting on the stand for another week or more I guess.:(

Thumpin440ex
10-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Damn that suks big time. You would think they would tell you this when buying or in a note on the page.

John

punk rock kiel
10-25-2012, 02:46 PM
yes the stock locknut is crap but clean it good, install it and then wrap it in electrial tape. using some blue loctite helps cause it keeps the crap outta the threads also. oem ftw

JOHNDOE83
10-25-2012, 09:36 PM
I love thumpin's 400ex, its so clean and well balanced with the color scheme, simple yet almost entirely custom.

Thumpin440ex
10-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
I love thumpin's 400ex, its so clean and well balanced with the color scheme, simple yet almost entirely custom.

Thanks for the kind words man, much app. And the crazy part is I had no idea or plains of what the end result would look like when I started on it. Just went with my thoughts that day. LOL

John