PDA

View Full Version : Tranny ?????

jkosakowski
10-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Ok sortave hard to explain but when I'm riding it will pop out of gear and just rev and when you let of the gas it will grab back into gear. It has a BRAND new clutch so I'm thinking tranny. Any input is nice.

on the rocks
10-17-2012, 06:01 PM
sounds like you got some warn parts. what its doing is kicking out from torque and one the rpms drop back down it will fall back in to gear. is there a grinding noise? like metal on metal?

if its just reving up with out the grinding noise it sound to be something wrong with the clutch. could be the springs are week, clutch frictions are glazed from slipping it too much, clutch basket warn and not letting the frictions and steel fully engage.

CJM
10-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Sounds to me like worn gears or a bad shift fork possibly.

Put an 05 tranny on and have reverse lol.

jkosakowski
10-17-2012, 06:10 PM
It has a little grinding noise and it pops out from torque an like I said it has a brand new clutch not even a day old and it did it before I replaced the clutch. I'm trying to sell it should I buy a used bottom end that's still good or split the cases and fix it that way??

dxcody
10-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by jkosakowski
It has a little grinding noise and it pops out from torque an like I said it has a brand new clutch not even a day old and it did it before I replaced the clutch. I'm trying to sell it should I buy a used bottom end that's still good or split the cases and fix it that way??

Split the cases man.. I was all for the whole "just buy a different bottom end" until I split my cases... Dude it is wayy more simple than the top end.

And I think it is fun also.

jkosakowski
10-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Ok I can do the top end in my sleep now so it shouldn't be to bad.

dxcody
10-17-2012, 07:32 PM
yeah same here lol...

It looks very intimidating but it is super easy.

jkosakowski
10-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Ok sweet. Good luck at iron man I was Gona go but my 450 is literally bone stock haha.

dxcody
10-17-2012, 09:00 PM
No excuses! Just bring the quad and ride!! LOL