PDA

View Full Version : Lt250r

Ciaran
10-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Thought I would share my story for those who are interested!

I live in Ireland and one of my mates bought a badly beaten up 1987 lt250r,He had it for a year or so and ended up cracking the head and losing the top of the carb,The quad sat for another year with nothing covering the engine,I ended up buying it with the intention of fixing it,

When i stripped the quad down I noticed how neglected it was during its life,The frame was split in 4-5 places and badly welded together,No exhaust or shocks,Diy jobs everywhere,It was to far gone to save as parts cost a fourtune for them,I wasnt sure what to do with my 100 euro purchase until another mate of mine purchased a fully restored 1987 lt250r,He ran it hard for a wile without knowing how to mix fuel or doing anything to take care of a 2-stroker.

He ended up needing a top end and knowing I had one tried to buy my lt250 from me,But I wouldnt sell as I knew I needed to buy his,

In the end I got him talked around to selling it to me for 300 euro

Stripped the engine form the beat up one and it was filled with water for what looks like a long time!

Cleaned bottom end with kerosene and opened up the stator cover,Also filled with water!Luckily It didnt ruin the stator and after 4 days and 13 kicks the beats awoke!

18 months after buying my first lt250r I had a starting quad!