PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder works ring replacement???

blacknblue#2
10-16-2012, 06:13 AM
Hey guys i havent done my research yet so maybe this is a simple anser but i figure someone on here has already done the research and maybe can help me out fast. A buddy of mine needs rings for a cylinder works 480 kit on an 05 450r. he says he called cylinder works and they told him the rings for his kit were no longer available and that he would have too replace the piston with an updated piston??? anyone ever come across this and has anyone found a set of rings to use. If i remember right dont cylinder works use CP pistons??

CJM
10-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Im not sure what make of piston they use. But if you can find that out and call up the company, giving the info for the piston-they canget you rings.

01boneless
10-16-2012, 08:34 AM
CW uses vertex pistons, so I imagine if you call or get ahod of vertex they will get you set up but there very well could be a recall or somthing on the vertex pistons but idk most people dont use them because there not the best from what I hear.

Fast470r
10-19-2012, 05:41 PM
I got a new vertex piston im not going to use $50 with rings for a 2005 480cc

blacknblue#2
10-20-2012, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the offer fast but i found him a set of rings couple days ago. He woulda definitely went with a whole new piston had we known a couple days ago lol. Thanks for the offer tho