PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder Respring/Revalve Suspension Adjustment

BIGTEX400EX
10-15-2012, 09:29 PM
I recently purchesed a full set of used converted 450 GTT suspension with the rear link for my 400ex built really close to my weight (within 10LBS). I raised the airbox and bent the subframe. I am interested in setting it up properly. The bottom of the frame sits about 7 3/4" off the ground at the pegs and about 8" in the front with me in gear. Is this right for a 400ex? It looks like I can bring the back down a bit with less preload in the rear, cant really tell on the front.

What settings will offer the best ride results? I understand how to adjust rear preload collar, but not the front on the 450 shocks? I used the search function and had a hard time coming up with specific adjustment for the GTT suspension on a 400ex.

I would really like to have a place to start so I can fine tune this suspension set up. From what I've read it should be great when dialed in. Thanks for any info or a link that will help answer my questions

Stickman400
10-15-2012, 10:05 PM
XC ride height is 7" in the rear and 7 1/4" in the front. You measure from under the pegs for the rear and right at the flat spot in the frame before in bends up for the a-arms mounts in the front. The ride height is the same for any shock.

BIGTEX400EX
10-16-2012, 05:59 AM
The suspension is valved for XC and it is the XC link. I am running 22" in front 20" in back. So I set them at 7", is there anything else to know? How do I adjust the pre load on the converted front 450 shocks?

Stickman400
10-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Just set the ride height to what I said and then tinker with the compression and rebound while you are out riding to get that set and you are good to go. Also DO NOT ride the quad with the compression or rebound adjuster set all the way in (bottomed out), this while make the adjusters useless because it hurts some internal component. Another memeber mentioned that in another thread. Setting the pre-load on the front 450s is the same as the rear, just back the top locknut off and then adust the bottom nut where you want it and then tighten the top back down. That is assuming they are pre-load asjustable and not ZPS.

BIGTEX400EX
10-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Thank you for the reply. I am excited to get this thing dialed in.