PDA

View Full Version : Update, LSR+2's, new axle, some other goodies :D

Thumpin440ex
10-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Decided to bite the bullet and put a little nicer arms on the bike then I had, get a little wider. Rode my buddies +2 450 not long back and it was so much easier riding then the stock width, I had to go for some. Since I did the front I knew the back was next. Had a G force axle for some time that I wanted to add, along with a polished rear brake mount. After having a BEAST of a time, cutting the lock nut, brake hub off, I also bought a Dura-blue dual row carrier, anti fade hub. Hope to have the rear back in it and together tuesday. I am pumped, can't wait to ride. Any way here are a few pics. I have since fixed the toe/camber issue. Will post more as soon as i get this bad boy back together.

Also contemplating on race cutting the front plastic?????

John
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/mangler0075/400ex/lsr1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/mangler0075/400ex/lsr.jpg

Stickman400
10-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Idk if I would race cut that carbon fiber lookin' plastic, it looks good the way it is. But if you ride where it's ALWAYS dry and avoid water and mud like the plague I guess you can do it if you really want, it will look good either way.

AtvKid4Eva
10-15-2012, 11:26 AM
those 450r shocks sure do make the front of that thing sit tall, even with the +2 arms. Does it sit much wider than it did before?

Thumpin440ex
10-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Yah I am really on the fence about cutting these. They look nice, but race cuts look bad *** IMO.

Yes it is def wider. Before I did the arms the front was narrower then the back(stock axle, diff offset wheels) Now the front is wider then the rear(stock axle) Can't wait to get the +2 rear axle in.

John

AtvKid4Eva
10-15-2012, 11:40 AM
i guess the 450 shocks just look like they make it sit taller than a set of aftermarket shocks. Regradless the bike looks good! I wouldnt cut those nice plastics either!

Thumpin440ex
10-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Crazy thing is a internally shortened them with a aluminum collar I made. If I take it out it would sit higher. I rekon I will keep the fenders for now. :D

John

Stickman400
10-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Is the pre-load backed off of those 450 shocks? Mine sat the same way when I had the 450 shocks of mine on +2 arms with the stock travel/setup. After I had them Jet re-valved they sunk way down and it handles like it's on rails.

Thumpin440ex
10-15-2012, 10:19 PM
I have the rings on the shocks tightened down about 4 threads over stock, have the rebound set on the softer side. I am 225 lbs. They ride nice, but I think I need to fill them with a little more nitrogen. I think I refilled them to ruffly 170psi when I put them back together.

John