PDA

View Full Version : Fox floats

ehall
10-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Hello have a question about the shocks for xc racing, in the classifieds there are a set of floats for sale. The shocks were used on a mx track just wondering what everyone thoughtnabout them for xc. The fronts are only rebound adj. Is that and issue? He said his boy was about the same weight as my son.

Any help would be great before I buy these shocks.

Eric

10-14-2012, 11:26 AM
They will work but xc is more ruff then mx... For xc country I would buy a set that full adj, with ressies for a better ride.. Thats my thought we ran them on my boys and soon switched for a better ride for him..

ehall
10-14-2012, 12:07 PM
So you think I would be better off waiting to find a set of rezzy shocks than purchase these. He is 7 and first year on the drr. I was thinking these would be an upgrade to what he has.

My other thought was look for a new set of drr take off's with the rezzies. Looking at more money but probably better in the long run.

Thanks

10-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Ya they will be a good upgrade, but with as fast as they grow and as much racing as they do, I have learned to go the better softer one time route and get more out of them then to buy sevral sets.. The new stock drr take offs are some very good shocks and perform very well. Long travel rezzie shocks are the way to go as the kids grow fast and always want more..

fomospede
10-14-2012, 02:31 PM
we run elkas
dual rate springs
when you adjust spring tension and crossover height
correctly you will have the first part of the stroke soft enough for the chatter and once you have compressed the initial spring
the spring rate goes up for the harder hits!!
hit me anytime
we rock the iowa boys!!

selbygirl
10-14-2012, 05:37 PM
at 7 years old your boy should be hitting the jumps hard . i would get long travel swing arm and a arms and good shocks . my son sed that was the best thing i did for his bike. we used elka shocks and dc swinger and a arms . you maybe able to find a rolling chasses set up for around 1500.00. or a whole bike for around 2 to 3 grand . i no it sounds like alot but when you build one of these bikes from the ground up is almost ten grand . and when you try to sell it you can only get 2 to 3 grand for it . it may save you in the long run . but fox shocks are a better upgrade then the stock shocks

ehall
10-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks everyone! I think at this time I will wait for a set of drr take offs. Then have them worked on at C&D! Yeah I realize I ain't gonna get all my money back out of it when were done.

If anyone has a set of take offs or knows where I can get a set at a good price let me know!

selbygirl
10-14-2012, 08:45 PM
try elka send them a resume they may sponser you . we did years ago and they gave us 50 % off on shocks . and somtimes they have rebuilt shoks . and on your swing arm you can move you shock mount back some for long travel and you can do the same with the a arms

10-14-2012, 08:49 PM
There is a set on Ebay for a good rate. Ebay/drr and it's from Doonan Racing. Good people bought lots from them..

fomospede
10-15-2012, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by ehall
Thanks everyone! I think at this time I will wait for a set of drr take offs. Then have them worked on at C&D! Yeah I realize I ain't gonna get all my money back out of it when were done.

If anyone has a set of take offs or knows where I can get a set at a good price let me know!
if you are talking about the dnm shocks
there adjustability is like 3clicks on them im not sold on putting $ in those
watch ebay

ehall
10-15-2012, 06:07 PM
i saw the elkas on ebay. they are too long for my stock arms and swinger i think. i measured around 13" for fronts and 10" for the rear. stock shocks of course.

elka tried sponsoring me back a few years ago. can't remember the guys name but he thought 15% off was a good discount. LOL

so those shocks from doonan will they fit stock arms and swinger?

10-15-2012, 06:21 PM
The works front 12 inch will. He has them for 200. Not to bad but ya those should work on your standard travel a arms and swinger!!!!

ehall
10-15-2012, 06:21 PM
echoracing did you find a cover and also a racing buddy that lives close to me was lookin for some 50 rpm shoe springs.

leave me a # i can call ya at and a good time to reach you.

thanks
eric

10-15-2012, 06:26 PM
I don't have any non-vented or Polaris cvt cover's at this time. I will shoot you some pix of my water proof set up and see if that will work. I will also look threw all my springs and see if I have 500 rpm's. If not I can get them cheap and fast. Shoot me you email. Thanks Chris-

ehall
10-15-2012, 07:40 PM
ehbanned213@gmail.com

eric

familyof5
10-16-2012, 08:28 AM
The factory length for a drr front shocks is 13 1/4 and the rear is 10 1/2, if my memory serves me correctly. I have a set of Elkas that we used for one National and before that they were purchased from someone the used them for 3 races. They look new and still have the manual and adjustment tools. We can no longer run the stock limited class and will be selling them. If you are interested I can send you some pictures and price.

RCR_531
10-16-2012, 12:27 PM
save your money and buy something good the first time. The shocks are the biggest part of your setup that you end up buying the better ones and being sorry you have the cheaper ones lying around the house. We have the best luck with Motowoz but I have seen others have good luck with other brands too.

ehall
10-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Familyof5 you have a pm.

Tim kapopoulos
10-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Check your box I sent you a pm I have a couple of sets off new take offs