PDA

View Full Version : ATTN. Predator owners..

QuadJunkies
03-11-2003, 10:57 AM
Can you tell me if there is any performance pipes avail. yet for the predator besidesthe WB slip on? and nerfs yet?

DESDAK4
03-11-2003, 11:26 AM
I don't have one but my riding buddy NDpredator was saying something about HMF having a pipe for it or something of that nature. The WB pipe gave his like 6 more HP before we ever jetted or did any airbox mods.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

DESDAK4
03-11-2003, 11:29 AM
I actually just went and checked and HMF does have a pipe for it that they sell for 229.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

rookiex
03-11-2003, 01:09 PM
USAF, Do you fly jets and stuff?

QuadJunkies
03-11-2003, 02:10 PM
I heard rumor Trinity has a full system too.500.00 complete:eek2: ouch... Dnyo supposedly at around 50HP, like I said .. this was only here say...Anyone hear of this? how about some nerfs?

Rip_Tear
03-11-2003, 03:38 PM
QJ looking into a Predator...?

rob-u/21
03-11-2003, 03:40 PM
yea, trinity does have a full exhaust but they are on back order for I dont know how long. fmf also has an exhaust so does hmf, and wb. AC is already making a bumper and skid plates and I would think nerfs.

Z400central
03-11-2003, 03:52 PM
You guys can check out www.pred500central.com for info on new exhausts and such. :)

DESDAK4
03-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Fly, he!! no those guys can get shot down I stay back and build the bombs they carry into combat. Remember the USAF does it the right way, we send our officers into combat and we drink beer and wait for them to come back.

It seems the Predator responds well to pipes of any kind. Like I said NDpredator has the WB on his and before any other work it dynoed at 51.8HP. Now don't flame me I don't have a slip but I do have better things to do thatn sit here and make up lies.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

AlaskaSpeed
03-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I heard rumor Trinity has a full system too.500.00 complete:eek2: ouch... Dnyo supposedly at around 50HP, like I said .. this was only here say...Anyone hear of this? how about some nerfs?

Tina,
I can't believe you would do business with Trinity after what they did to my motor! :eek:

Derek
03-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Tina,
I can't believe you would do business with Trinity after what they did to my motor! :eek:

AAAA...what happened Jim?:confused:

Team Outlaw #34
03-11-2003, 08:48 PM
www.rathracing.com ....i'm sure if you called Daryle Rath he would know everything about the predator....

hope that helps....

03-11-2003, 09:17 PM
Tina, I can't believe you would do business with Trinity after what they did to my motor!

Hey Jim buddy were you violated by trinity or sumthin :devil

QuadJunkies
03-11-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Z400central
You guys can check out www.pred500central.com for info on new exhausts and such. :) Thanks:) I will

QuadJunkies
03-11-2003, 10:00 PM
Tina,
I can't believe you would do business with Trinity after what they did to my motor! :eek: BTW... what did they ever say anyways??? they wtill want you to ship them your motor?:huh now, now, I didnt say I was getting anything here..just asking..Sounds a lil high in the price.. Im wanting to find out about HP gains and best pipe for this machine....

03-12-2003, 07:59 AM
Im wanting to find out about HP gains and best pipe for this machine....

Why??????

Are you shopping for a new machine for the "other 1/2?

If so I hope your working on the 400 for yourself and not getting skipped over.

QuadJunkies
03-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Why??????

Are you shopping for a new machine for the "other 1/2?

If so I hope your working on the 400 for yourself and not getting skipped over. hehehe. ill be posting later tonight about this... :devil :cool:

AtvMxRider
03-12-2003, 01:57 PM
Hey Jim buddy were you violated by trinity or sumthin :devil

You could say that.

AlaskaSpeed
03-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Violated doesn't come close....here is a link to my ordeal.....:eek2:

http://forums.cannondaler.com/viewtopic.php?t=293

AlaskaSpeed
03-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
BTW... what did they ever say anyways??? they wtill want you to ship them your motor?:huh now, now, I didnt say I was getting anything here..just asking..Sounds a lil high in the price.. Im wanting to find out about HP gains and best pipe for this machine....

Tina,
No call back, nothing. There is no way I am going to send my stuff to Harry just to try and blame me. You can do what ya want, I might still be a bit raw from the reaming I took from those guys is all. Just don't let me see a Trinity logo anywhere on your quads if there is a heavy blunt object nearby..........JIM

Derek
03-12-2003, 03:58 PM
O geez jim i thought highly of trinity till now.

stevengates45
03-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Not really all that sure but Cody said he is sending his Predator motor off to Tom Carlson next week I think?

AlaskaSpeed
03-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Derek
O geez jim i thought highly of trinity till now.

....so did I.....:o Now I get a fresh sleeve/piston and a new complete head....let's see....1250.00 for the head, etc, etc..............:(

Derek
03-12-2003, 04:21 PM
and there not gonna pay for any of it?

trx400ex
03-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Haha JIM, we got something in common. One bent valve and one broken valve..... keeper failure! But mine is from a different engine builder. I dont know whats going to happen yet but by the end of next week hopefull i will. DID you get to ride it? I just started mine up to here the sound after being freshly rebuilt, ported, oversized valves etc. then boom......makes you want to tear someone apart huh?

AlaskaSpeed
03-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Derek
and there not gonna pay for any of it?

what a shocker....lol No, the day I finally talked to the owner of Trinity Racing, he had very little time to talk to me. He didn't even return my call the day before.

I take care of my $hit, period. I don't rev the piss out of it, I ride it like it was intended though. I am going to be paying for this 2 grand repair out of pocket, I have heard a bunch of horror stories about their work now that I have gone through this and I would seriously never use them for anything, ever.

To have 3 sets of valve keepers go, something had to be assembled wrong at Trinity. If I was going to over rev my quad, it would have surely happened during the MX season; yet the piston was fine. No sign of a valve kissing it even once...........JIM

AlaskaSpeed
03-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
Haha JIM, we got something in common. One bent valve and one broken valve..... keeper failure! But mine is from a different engine builder. I dont know whats going to happen yet but by the end of next week hopefull i will. DID you get to ride it? I just started mine up to here the sound after being freshly rebuilt, ported, oversized valves etc. then boom......makes you want to tear someone apart huh?

Man, I feel your pain then. Yes, I got about 2 hours on it. I was pretty happy with it, but was taking it easy too at the same time to get a feel for it. I was about 15 minutes into my ride on the day it blew. Hope yours is not near as expensive as mine..........JIM

trx400ex
03-12-2003, 04:38 PM
yeah i dont think mine will be as bad as yours but its still gonna cost me....it kinda sucks because i think the engien builder thinks we set the timing wrong and we didnt, my dad has been working on engines for shops and the army for 20+ years and he was out there helping me put it together...oh well...cant do much about it except not make the same mistake twice.:(

QuadJunkies
03-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Tina,
No call back, nothing. There is no way I am going to send my stuff to Harry just to try and blame me. You can do what ya want, I might still be a bit raw from the reaming I took from those guys is all. Just don't let me see a Trinity logo anywhere on your quads if there is a heavy blunt object nearby..........JIM :eek: ......:( Sorry Jim you got the raw in of the deal in the whole thing

Fred55
03-12-2003, 07:45 PM
So Quadjunkies...how come you've been asking all these Q's about Predator?? Thinking about getting one?? If you do, you'll love it! I absolutley love mine! Its so great!

QuadJunkies
03-12-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
So Quadjunkies...how come you've been asking all these Q's about Predator?? Thinking about getting one?? If you do, you'll love it! I absolutley love mine! Its so great! WEll.... Im posting about that right now in the open forum...:p

03-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Hey Jim I cant believe you took all that so calmly, must be all the training :)

Then again I am thinking you must be working on one he!! of a vendetta cause no one would let a shop get away with the BS.

I read thru that thread and had 2 emotions 1) why didnt you post something here or did I miss it and 2) F#@$ Trinity.

Thats absolute BS and the damaged parts tell a pretty strong story and its not an over rev but a mechanical failure.

Its too bad that even some of the bigger names in the business are still too "stupid" to see how much they would have made making good on your motor and correcting the damage gratis.

Things like this make me glad I do my own work cause I dont need "headaches" :D like you got from Trinity.

QuadJunkies
03-12-2003, 09:41 PM

Then again I am thinking you must be working on one he!! of a vendetta cause no one would let a shop get away with the BS.

I read thru that thread and had 2 emotions 1) why didnt you post something here or did I miss it and 2) F#@$ Trinity.

Thats absolute BS and the damaged parts tell a pretty strong story and its not an over rev but a mechanical failure.

Its too bad that even some of the bigger names in the business are still too "stupid" to see how much they would have made making good on your motor and correcting the damage gratis.

Things like this make me glad I do my own work cause I dont need "headaches" :D like you got from Trinity. This is one of the fears I had of sending off one of our motor,and dint want to mess with it,thatswhy we traded mine in for sometinhg bigger...Im so sorry you got burned Jim...:( WE have the trinity pipe on our mini,and it has been such an awesome pipe,thats why I asked about it, HUGE HP gains from what I have read..Lenny we did trade mine in today..we got one of these..I get the 400ex now..:cool:

Woodsrider
03-12-2003, 10:12 PM
QJ you put your ol' man on a Polaris?!:eek: You make sure you give us the full scoop on it, and dont hold back. we want to hear about all of its good points, and how often its in the shop, if at all. I never had a single problem with my old Polaris, but they sure are having a heck of a time getting rid of that bad image.
Have fun an the 400 and hold on to the 300 for your oldest. she'll be on it in no time;)

QuadJunkies
03-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
QJ you put your ol' man on a Polaris?!:eek: You make sure you give us the full scoop on it, and dont hold back. we want to hear about all of its good points, and how often its in the shop, if at all. I never had a single problem with my old Polaris, but they sure are having a heck of a time getting rid of that bad image.
Have fun an the 400 and hold on to the 300 for your oldest. she'll be on it in no time;) I already ditched the 300..:(I got one heck of a trade in on her...;) LOL... the oldest was a lil buimmed when I told her I was selling it, but she wants the 400 more so... you never know, someday..... Yes, Polaris had a bad taste in Troys mouth too, along with Suzuki, but I told him I had a good feeling about both machines...We take reall good care of our quads, more than most around here do.It a bit of a gamble takinga buying a new machine,and believe me, we have talked about the pros and Cons to a new quad for many months now, he really wanted a Cdale:( but with the offer on mine I figured we better jump on it. We bought a 5 year warrenty too,well worth the money..Im sure ill be posting pics of it alot next week, another duning trip in store for us on the 22nd:cool:

QuadJunkies
03-12-2003, 10:31 PM
oh, I forgot to mention, the one thing that will be a bit of a drag is you have to change oil ALOT more than the honda..but, I think for a power gain..We can live with it..:D

Z400central
03-13-2003, 12:21 AM
remember, change the oil the first hour! :)

03-13-2003, 01:33 AM
Way to go there Tina, congrats on your new 400EX :) and the poolaris too :D

The predator actually looks to be a good machine and let us all know what you guys think

Hmmm now how do you mod that 400 ??

QuadJunkies
03-13-2003, 07:02 AM
Way to go there Tina, congrats on your new 400EX :) and the poolaris too :D

The predator actually looks to be a good machine and let us all know what you guys think

Hmmm now how do you mod that 400 ?? LOL... my full system should get me around good enough......................For now...:p ;)

QuadJunkies
03-13-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Z400central
remember, change the oil the first hour! :) I hope that was a joke!:eek: cause ater going through all the warm up cycles I do know it needs to be changed...At leasy thats what the Dealer and a frined who owns one told us..

Wired
03-13-2003, 09:35 AM
Tina if you need anything for your predator call Daryl Rath's shop at this number (320)-234-7223. he's got everything from nerf bars to engine components. and hey if you call on monday's and tuesdays ya might just get me on the other end :blah

QuadJunkies
03-13-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Wired
Tina if you need anything for your predator call Daryl Rath's shop at this number (320)-234-7223. he's got everything from nerf bars to engine components. and hey if you call on monday's and tuesdays ya might just get me on the other end :blah Maybe Ill just do that:) ..then I can get more info on performace pipe maintence..ect....

AlaskaSpeed
03-13-2003, 05:04 PM

Things like this make me glad I do my own work cause I dont need "headaches" :D like you got from Trinity.

I really don't have a choice but to take it calmly, getting angry wouldn't do me any good...I was sick more than anything. I figure I can post my story on the net and save some people problems, or at least let people know what can happen. Believe me, if I knew anything about porting/polishing I would have done it myself. Now, I have the complete head on it's way; ready to bolt on and also a brand new sleeve and piston...almost a new quad again. After all the updates I have done to my Speed on upgrades and manufacturer recalls or updates, this thing is mechanically better than a brand new Cannondale. JIM

03-13-2003, 08:11 PM
I really don't have a choice but to take it calmly, getting angry wouldn't do me any good...I was sick more than anything.

Yea I guess that would be a long road trip to work things out "right".

Did you ever put a thread here on this? if so got a link?

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 05:23 AM
well I spoke with Yoshi today, and it looks like they will have a pipe avail.. in 3-4 wks if all goes well..Im a big Yoshi fan,so I may wait a bit on this one.:D CT says they dont have one nor plan on for a long while, I think the guy who I talked to in on crack:rolleyes: And Im calling them back today,thats is if I can get ahold of them,they always have a busy number...:p I just cant imagine them not makinga pipe and a guy from another forum said they new first hand that they were...

Sickman80
03-18-2003, 06:54 PM
As far as pipes, It looks like Hot Seat Performance will have one out pretty soon as well along with other parts.

As far as the Predator, I just want those who have one to keep an eye on the brackets that hold the rear plastic to the sub-frame. They are only welded on one side and mine broke the 3rd day I rode it. I never noticed it untill I got back to my truck and by then the rear fenders were cracked. I took it to the dealership and they rewelded it and then the next time I rode they snapped off again and this time the rear fenders snapped off as well. I rewelded the brackets back on myself, this time I put a bead on both sides and haven't had a problem since, so it's an easy fix. Granted I do ride much harder than most so I will experience problems before many, and thats my job. Polaris told me nobody has done that, so I just want you to keep an eye on it, because I think after some time others will eventually experience this and hopefully can catch it before the plastic breaks as well. And no I didn't roll the bike, I just ride that hard I guess.

Actually this weekend I broke off the footpeg bolts off one footpeg and flattened the rear rims. I'm thinking the 90 ft triple and stock suspension has something to do with it. I honestly didn't think I was hitting that hard off that leap, but I must have been. One dirtbiker with us broke his ankle when he overshot it (Fifth gear on a CRF450 is a little too fast). So it's a fun one.

Have fun, and be safe...I know I will:D

QuadJunkies
03-18-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Sickman80
As far as pipes, It looks like Hot Seat Performance will have one out pretty soon as well along with other parts.

As far as the Predator, I just want those who have one to keep an eye on the brackets that hold the rear plastic to the sub-frame. They are only welded on one side and mine broke the 3rd day I rode it. I never noticed it untill I got back to my truck and by then the rear fenders were cracked. I took it to the dealership and they rewelded it and then the next time I rode they snapped off again and this time the rear fenders snapped off as well. I rewelded the brackets back on myself, this time I put a bead on both sides and haven't had a problem since, so it's an easy fix. Granted I do ride much harder than most so I will experience problems before many, and thats my job. Polaris told me nobody has done that, so I just want you to keep an eye on it, because I think after some time others will eventually experience this and hopefully can catch it before the plastic breaks as well. And no I didn't roll the bike, I just ride that hard I guess.

Actually this weekend I broke off the footpeg bolts off one footpeg and flattened the rear rims. I'm thinking the 90 ft triple and stock suspension has something to do with it. I honestly didn't think I was hitting that hard off that leap, but I must have been. One dirtbiker with us broke his ankle when he overshot it (Fifth gear on a CRF450 is a little too fast). So it's a fun one.

Have fun, and be safe...I know I will:D thanks for the heads up Ill make a point to check this out...So, have any of you shaved your fenders yet? I think im going to work on this on my next day off :blah I love the look of them cut...:cool: So, how do you like jumping it? feels good huh...;)

03-19-2003, 04:38 AM
Ooooo noooo dont cut em LMAO

Roll it a few times first :D

QuadJunkies
03-19-2003, 04:54 AM
Ooooo noooo dont cut em LMAO

Roll it a few times first :D Oh gee Lenny, thanks :p l I personally liked the look of them cut,i guess its not for everyone ,I think Ill get out the drehmel on my day off and :blah