PDA

View Full Version : DRX90 premix ratio?.. and other random questions form a new guy

pacman
10-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Hi Guys,
Another new dad on this forum. I recently bought my son a slightly used water cooled DRX 90. I did not get any kind of manual with the machine and I'm trying to figure a few things out.

First off, I thought these quads were oil injected. On my DRX The oil injector resivoir is missing and the line where it is supposed to go into the motor is cut off with a screw jammed into it to plug it off. The throttle cable splits halfway down the line and one end goes to the top of the carb and the other goes to where I ASSUME the oil injector pump is. Is this ok for the quad? Is the pump going to be damaged by not having anything running through it? Should I put an oil resivoir back in it and run it like that or is it OK to just do my own premix?

Speaking of premix, what is the standard ratio you guys are running on this quad.

I race motocross and have a 2012 rmz250... it's been a long time since I ran a 2-smoker... Is pump gas going to be OK in this unit?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Pat

here's my boy the day I brought the machine home. Ya think he's stoked? haha
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii29/DukeJosie/duke.jpg

nastynotchback1
10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
I would take the oil injector out and change the throttle cable to a single pull cable.Makes the throttle easier to push.Also i mix ours 50:1 with Amsoil dominator but you will get alot of different answers on this.The factory injection will mix it way to rich and thats why most people remove it.

pacman
10-10-2012, 03:44 PM
50:1 is what I always used on my last two stroke dirt bike (2000 YZ125). I'll run it like that and see how the plug looks after a tank.

Any thoughts on pump gas?

Here is another question:
I am going to change the trans fluid. What does it take? hypoid transmission oil?

And a really dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway... There is no other engine oil in the top end other than the pre-mix, correct? :rolleyes:

nastynotchback1
10-11-2012, 06:37 AM
I run yamalube trans oil for 2-strokes in ours.Stock bike should be fine on 93.There is no other oil in the bike.

selbygirl
10-11-2012, 05:37 PM
we allways ran 32.1 but like you sed check the plug . i would stay away from pump gas if it has ethenol in it . it likes to gum stuff up like fuel lines carb reeds .dont let it sit in tank to long

pacman
10-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the advice!