PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help !!!!!!!!

leager-n-ky
10-09-2012, 12:37 PM
This is for my sons Raptor 250, i'm not getting much response from that section.
It has NEVER been easy to start..

I just rebuilt the motor 300cc kit, 10:1 piston, new valves, and the timing is set correct.

I replaced The battery (lithium), starter, starter clutch, starter relay, and the starter button.
When you try to start it, it acts like the battery is going dead, and wont hardly crank the motor. If i pull the spark plug out, it cranks like crazy ??????????????????????????

ANY suggestions ????????

89trx250r
10-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Believe it or not I had this problem with an old yfz of mine that had a high comp piston...The battery wasn't strong enough to turn the motor fast enough to start it...I had to get a battery with more cranking amps. Im not saying this is your issue but it seems like the exact same thing that was happening to me.

leager-n-ky
10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Thats why i bought the Lithium battery, it has twice the cranking amps, i thought this was the problem also..

bigmatt61
10-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Decompression release set correctly? I dont know how that particular motor is set up, so just a suggestion.

Matt

265 sleeper
10-09-2012, 03:12 PM
I was doing some research couldn't find much on your bike but some were talking about compression release pin being sheared or after the New cam installed the spring would push the pin out far enough.

DnB_racing
10-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by leager-n-ky
Thats why i bought the Lithium battery, it has twice the cranking amps, i thought this was the problem also.. put a second battery in series and make it a 24volt start,
have this on my 450r and love it ,,,,,it can do a dead engine start in second with no clutch, push the start button and its moving and starting,

etccb
10-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
put a second battery in series and make it a 24volt start,
have this on my 450r and love it ,,,,,it can do a dead engine start in second with no clutch, push the start button and its moving and starting,

^^A lot of gncc type dead engine start guys are doing this.^^