PDA

View Full Version : which is better(funner)?

thumpinex
03-11-2003, 08:10 AM
which is better or funner xc or mx racing?

03-11-2003, 08:56 AM
I guess it depends on what type of riding you enjoy most. I love MX with a passion...hammerin down WOT on a open track..getting big air or even small air..landing a downside perfect and gettin back on the gas..but the races are short. I prefer to practice on MX tracks over racing honestly. I can go to a local race and spend 9 hours there only to ride 13 laps total for the day...Now if I go to a practice MX track..I stay for 3 or 4 hours and ride till i can't anymore and blisters are covering my hands.. I can ride when I want,,how I want,,and for how long I want..

XC is a new thing to me..I have lots of woods riding experience but not much with racing for long periods of time..I'm still getting used to it and learning..luckily I have some good friends that have tons of XC expereince to help guide me in the right direction... Now if I can only get them to offer beer at the multiple check points I'll sell all MX stuff and be sticktly XC...:devil

Extremeracer167
03-11-2003, 08:59 AM
i agree with Rico. Ive raced a few MXs b4 and they were a blast........but to pay $30 to race and u only race for a total of 20 minutes, its a waist of money. I pay $20 to race a local XC and am out for an hour and a half riding. And i personally think there is no feeling better then coming out of the woods first place on the first lap and u being the first person anyone sees. That is the best feeling EVER!!

Razorback
03-11-2003, 11:05 AM
I like to just practice for a few hours on a track too. It's fun just to try different things and try to get better on specific jumps, turns, or whoops.

Racing MX is a totally different animal though. At the starting gate, motors revving like crazy, gate drops, a whole group of 4-wheeled monsters screaming into a corner, full speed, trying to fit in a spot big enough for 2 or 3 quads. It's frickin' exhilerating. Just race one time with a big group and you'll feel it. It's hard to replace that feeling in practice, so they are two entirely different things to me.

03-11-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Razorback
It's frickin' exhilerating. Just race one time with a big group and you'll feel it. It's hard to replace that feeling in practice, so they are two entirely different things to me.

I normally get out front in MX so I don't know that feeliln Scott...:o LMFAO ;)

QuadTrix6
03-11-2003, 11:30 AM
i like MX cause the tracks are nice and groomed, and i like jumping :)

Razorback
03-11-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I normally get out front in MX so I don't know that feeliln Scott...:o LMFAO ;)

uh huh, right :blah

:D