PDA

View Full Version : STQRA Racers read here

Razorback
03-11-2003, 08:01 AM
For those of you STQRA (South Texas Quad Racers Association) who came up to the Badlands for round 1 of the TQRA series, I just wanted to say "thanks"! You helped make this race the largest we've had by far, and the races were great! We had over 170 racers, which is just awesome. The biggest turnout we had last year was 112.

Thanks again for coming!

zerorider
03-11-2003, 10:05 AM
I agree with Razorback, it was nice to see all of you and hope you can come back. It was great to see that many people out racing.:)

Razorback
03-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by zerorider
I agree with Razorback, it was nice to see all of you and hope you can come back. It was great to see that many people out racing.:)

Hey! How did doublezero do?

zerorider
03-11-2003, 07:38 PM
I thought he got eighth, but when the results came out, he was in ninth. :rolleyes: oh well, he didn't get hurt. He is sure after me for a bigger fourwheeler:D

FourFiftyFour
03-11-2003, 07:51 PM
sorry i couldnt make it to Badlands... I still am gettin my quad set up... you bet ya Im gonna be at Splendora on the 23!!!!!! Hope to see some TQRA riders out there look for #454 on the gray 250x

zerorider
03-11-2003, 08:05 PM
Looks like the ladies from down south were pretty fast, looks like the top three were from down south.

Razor, looks like you came out OK too. I thought I might want to race the over thirty but you guys are too fast for me. I'm waiting for the over 40 class and if it don't hurry up, I'll have to wait for the over 50 class

KrazyKurt made a pretty good showing, even after getting bucked off his quad during the first Moto :( . Glad he didn't get hurt.

Razorback
03-12-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by 250xChick
sorry i couldnt make it to Badlands... I still am gettin my quad set up... you bet ya Im gonna be at Splendora on the 23!!!!!! Hope to see some TQRA riders out there look for #454 on the gray 250x

I noticed a lot of ladies racing, and I thought you might have been one of them. Guess not :)

If you are going to make it to one of our races, let me know, I'd like to meet you. I'd love to come down to Splendora. I hear it's a fantastic track.

MXQUAD294
03-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Anybody know how the guy who broke is femur is doing? He was riding a C-dale in the 4-stroke class. He was air lifted out of there. If anyone knows him or talks to him, tell him I hope he has a good, speedy(relatively speaking) recovery.

Razorback
03-12-2003, 09:24 AM
I don't know him personally. I found an update on the TQRA forum:

Just wanted to pass on the latest information about Cody Nichols. He had a single fracture of the femur above the growth plate. They put in a titanium rod and are using the "halo" instead of a cast. He is able to walk with crutches and should be released today.

Sounds like he's going to be OK, but it was a nasty wreck. That's the first time I've been at a race where someone was air lifted out, and I hope it's the last.

FourFiftyFour
03-12-2003, 09:40 AM
I will probably be able to make a few TQRA races in the summer since right now is kind of hectic with my graduation in May... but def make it out to Splendora, its a pretty nice track the only complaints I have is sometimes it gets VERY VERY DEEP, which causes my lil 250x to have a bit of problems sometimes. If you need directions to Splendora let me know, the race will be on the 23, Sign up is at 8 am, practice is at 9 am, and the motos will start at 10 am, we need some more pros to come out and give Porter, Livonic, and all our other pros some competition. I am still deciding on which class I should race in, it's between the Womens class or the Sport Quad (200 2 stroke, 350 4 stroke) Class....... I dunno which one would give me a better experience and etc etc...

MxDale71
03-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Oh no, someone broke their femur? Gawd, I remember when a little 50 rider did that the first time I ever went to Badlands (I was just watching the races that day) and he had to get care-flighted out. That kind of stuff really sucks. Scott, was it that kid that was pitted next to you at Nocona. They had the Moto and a Speed and the really nice RV camper. Remember them?

ZeroRider - You interested in a Cannondale? Mine has got to go cause I'm switching to bikes.

They should have a TQRA race at Cycle Ranch... from what I've seen, it looks like it's one of the best tracks in Texas. I don't know if they let quads ride there. Since I'm switching to bikes, I'll definitely try to make a trip down there.

Scott - You gonna make some of the TLSS Swan races? I plan on racing some of them this summer since I got that AMA membership. I'd hate to let that go to waste. They will let me ride 125 beginner even though I raced an int. class before right? LOL, that would be my luck. "Sir, you've ridden intermediate before so you have to race 125 intermediate now. LOL

FourFiftyFour
03-12-2003, 11:07 PM
All of us STQRA racers are rarin to go for Splendora on the 23.. we practiced out at Highlands tonight.. we had a couple little spills but other than that everyone rode great. Im feelin a little better about the 23, I got a good confidence building practice in today.. I even cleared a decent sized table :)

03-15-2003, 02:08 PM
hey 250xchick i think i saw you today at splendora (saturday) i was on the silver 250r i think i saw you when i was doin the rythm section there. everyone should try to make it to the splendora race. its gonna be awesome. later

QuadR8cer12
03-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Hey you guys I just got back today (saturday) Sounds like everyone had fun at the races....... I wish I coulda been there:( I should be going to pick up the quad tomarrow if I can get a hold of mark:D I will post some pics of it when I get it.

MXdizale- why are you selling the dale?? and what are you planning on getting??

Buzzsaw
03-16-2003, 05:04 AM
QuadR8cer12, Marks at the nat. and will not be back until tuesday

FourFiftyFour
03-16-2003, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by quadman19
hey 250xchick i think i saw you today at splendora (saturday) i was on the silver 250r i think i saw you when i was doin the rythm section there. everyone should try to make it to the splendora race. its gonna be awesome. later

Hahaha yeah that was prolly me.... and my ole 250x that still has those big bouncy balloon tires :grr
I was there yesterday and the Saturday before, I was practicing with Nick Judd #28, Kevin Denner #801, Justin Lawson #8 mainly. All my stuff for my quad should be comin in early this week like Monday or Tuesday, Im gettin pumped for the race. Hopefully I can get my tires and rims before Sunday. I think I remember seein you at Splendora. You know the finish line step up and the one after that? I finally started clearin them hahaha, my tires have like 10% tread and they spin a lot lol,

QuadR8cer12
03-16-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Buzzsaw
QuadR8cer12, Marks at the nat. and will not be back until tuesday I was wondering why could get a hold of him. oh well I guess I will just have to wait until tuesday then. I cant wait to ge it back! here is my hood I got for it! Its bad, it is a Fibe Industries metalic flake hood.......

FourFiftyFour
03-16-2003, 07:53 AM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
NICE!!!! hey are you going to be at splendora on the 23rd austin?

QuadR8cer12
03-16-2003, 07:59 AM
I would love to come if I can! But I dought I will be able to make it to that race.It is a good ways away from my house I think.I guess I will just have to wait for th championship races towards the end of the year to race some of the STQRA riders :( But I will try to see if I can come to that race. What is the web site for that track that it is going to be at?

FourFiftyFour
03-16-2003, 08:11 AM
splendora had a website within racedirect.com but racedirect has been down FOR MONTHS!!!!!! I can give you any info you need for the track tho. I really like that hood you got!!!! I bet you they dont make any for my quad tho. GRRR
I havent heard of Fibe Industries down here... I bet you anything a lot of people around here would be interested in gettin some stuff from them, looks like they have REALLY nice products!

QuadR8cer12
03-16-2003, 08:26 AM
yeah the guys name is Adam he can make some sweeeeeeet stuff here is a link to his siteFibe Industries (http://www.fibeindustries.homestead.com) If you e-mail him he might make one for you for a 250X;)

FourFiftyFour
03-16-2003, 08:37 AM
if i could find a job around here maybe one year i could afford that stuff...... i cant afford my own race fees right now :ermm:

QuadR8cer12
03-16-2003, 08:45 AM
Oh ok well spread the word for me about his stuff to the riders down there. He is sponsoring me and I want to help him out. At the bottom of the page is a ad for his company on his site and it says EXriders members get 10% off so tell everyone so he gets some customers. Adam is a really cool guy.