PDA

View Full Version : Engine Problem

00426ex
10-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Hello all. I posted here a long time ago and haven't been here for a while. My bike has been sitting outside for a while now so I want to get the problem fixed so I can sell it. When I got the bike I knew that it had a problem with the rings, so I tore apart the bike and changed the valve seals and the piston rings and had the cylinder cross-hatched. This fixed the issue it had with burning oil. I can't say when it started happening, but I haven't rode my bike for a while because I now that for some reason it makes a weird noise when I open it WOT. I had 3 various main jets for the bike. I am not exactly sure where they are now so I can;t tell you exactly what they are, but I am pretty sure it had a 162 in it when I got it. I changed it up to a 188, and then I think a 192 or something. I haven't messed with it for a while, so I'm not exactly sure on the exact jettings that I have used or what happened, but I know that I took the smaller jetting and took a dremel and bored it out to make it bigger. This did not fix my problem. I am not exactly sure if it needs smaller jetting, bigger jetting, a new carb, etc. If anyone here can listen to the video and maybe had a similar experience or can tell me what is wrong and can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. First I want to explain a simple concept to make things more understandable to my situation. When you are riding and you let off the gas, the backpressure of the engine causes the bike to slow down and hold itself back and if you are standing it kind of pushes you forward almost. This is the same feeling that the bike does when I go WOT. The bike will pull until it gets to a certain point and then it make a popping noise and will stop pulling you forward and kind of do the feeling as if you let off the throttle. I am not experienced at jetting bikes so if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Check my sig for bike details.

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o58/K1lLer_2006/?action=view&current=P4161345.mp4

Stickman400
10-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Put your jetting back down to a 165 or 170 main at the most. It sounds like your running rich and it's rich popping from too much fuel at WOT. That's exactly what mine did when I was trying to jet it with too large of a main.

EDIT: If you want to go down to a 175 then run it and see if it still does it, then if it does go down to a 170 and repeat. Do this until it stops and your jetting should be perfect.

jman7290
10-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Running to rich.

00426ex
10-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Okay. Thanks guys. After I posted it something seemed to click in my mind that it wasn't the carb that was wrong. I can remember the bike running fine when it was stock, so I must have jetted it too much. I'll back it down to a 175 and see how it does. Thank you so much guys

dxcody
10-07-2012, 10:31 PM
LOL I hate when it cuts out top end!

You are all ready for it to transfer your weight backwards, then it throws you forward bogging out and it throws you all off balance and stuff...

I about went over the handlebars one day hahah

Thumpin440ex
10-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Have you pulled the plug, checked it to see the color ? I am running a 185 jet(IIRC) in my bike, am using a 450 carb. It would seem as if it was rich though. I would check the plug. If it is not popping on decal that would mean that it has enough fuel, in your case maybe to much..

John