PDA

View Full Version : too much resistance from rotors and axel???

Quinn4
10-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey guys I was changing my tires today and it seems like I'm getting a lot of resistance and friction when I turn my axel and front hubs by hand.
My question is how hard should they turn and how would I make the Axel and front end spin easier?
I tried to search the forum but couldn't find much, any help or ideas would be great!

Logan #34's Dad
10-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Take the chain off and then spin the tires. If your still getting resistance, your carrier bearings may need replaced.
As far as the fronts, worn out bearings again.
Powerwashers are a nightmare on bearings...

Quinn4
10-09-2012, 04:43 AM
I've only used a garden hose Ans bucket to wash it, but it is an 08. Should I upgrade to the BCS rear hearing carrier right away too? I don't race just trail ride. Thanks for the feedback!!

alex-ds
10-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Research if you bearing carrier has 2 bearing (old style, first 08 models i think) or thas the upgraded 4 bearing rear carrier. Will last twice.

Don't need the bcs rear carrier if just trail ride.

rrguy
10-15-2012, 01:22 PM
You could always check you caliper or remove an see if its in the brake or hub. You usually you can feel play when bearing going out an brakes drag warped rotor or caliper sticking etc... I had some front hubs where bearings went out rather quick but guy before maybe pressure washed the grease out? idk Also rotor warp sometimes you could feel the drag as the rotor rubbed side to side but not constantly.

Quinn4
10-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks guys!! I'll check the brakes and rotors this weekend. And run my vin number at the dealer to see if my carrier was upgraded.

Quinn4
10-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Checked everything over and I guess I was just being over cautious, nothing was out of sorts but at least I know what to look for later.
Thanks for the advice

blaster99
10-23-2012, 05:51 AM
If you are missing the dust caps on the front hubs chances are you need new wheel bearings in the front.