View Full Version : Des Moines,Iowa

QuAdRaCeR244
03-11-2003, 06:30 AM
Who rides near Des Moines? I go out there alot in the spring/summer. I am looking for some people/places to ride at.

Quadworks
03-15-2003, 02:51 AM
We mostly ride at Bussey or some neighborhood trails. Planning on going t RathburnATV park to try it out. See if you can make it it to town on MAY 4, 2003. There is an ATV rodeo at Bakers Food & Fuel on SW 9th st just north of the new by-pass south of town. This usally is a good time.

KAZZ400EX
03-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Hi, I ride with a group of around 5 to 10 riders. we ride at Perry, IA. just north of DM and also Winterset and Van Meter West of Des Moines. I have been to the OHV park in Bussy, Coralville and Rathmun. They are ok. We are taking a trip to Little Sahara Oklahoma, on April 9th thru the 13th or 14th. With about 15 to 20 guys. It will be my 8 th time down there. A must go place to ride. It's the best around here.

Chris Jiles

Grimes, IA.

Quadworks
03-15-2003, 03:15 PM
Hey could you fill me in some more on the riding in Winterset, Van Meter and Perry? I had heard of Perry before but then had heard people were getting chased out. There is usually about 5 of us that ride together and we just need some new places to ride. Maybe we could all meet and ride somewhere sometime.

KAZZ400EX
03-16-2003, 05:12 AM
Bruce give me a call at 986-3615. I will give u some info on places to ride and maybe we can get together to ride some time.

Talk to you later,
Chris Jiles

Nausty
03-16-2003, 01:51 PM
There is a nice place by newton, I don't remember exactly the name of it but the guy who owns it surfs this site and I think his screen name is varmit57. But yah Bussey is my favorite, its got 3 motorcross tracks but only 2 are any good. Then tons of trails, hill climbs and natural terrain jumps. Heres a pic from today, this is what I think is the funnest jump there. Its called the gravity cavity and you jump off into this pit and just climb up this hill with a lip at the end and launch off. I usually hit it 4th gear all the way pinned. Theres also a few other natural terrain jumps you might like.

KAZZ400EX
03-16-2003, 02:46 PM
Nausty how was it out there today? i bet it was sweet. I know that jump I think and it is nice. When are you going riding again? I think I will try to get out and ride on Sunday if we don't get too much rain in the beggining of the week. I have to work on Saturday now. I just started working at a 4wheeler dealership a couple of weeks ago. I would like to try Newton some time. I am always looking for some new places to ride. The riding area at perry is just outside of town right by the river. you park at the boat ramp and and catch the trails from there. Give me a call if you are going riding. Where are you from, in town or out?

Hope to ride with you soon.

C J:) :) :) :) :)

trueblue450
03-17-2003, 09:20 AM
I was also there sat. Guess I didn't see yah nausty.. Darn. my freind wrecked on the second jump on the table top track .. there was so much mud in front of that dam thing. But it was still a great day to ride.

Nausty
03-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by KAZZ400EX
Nausty how was it out there today? i bet it was sweet. I know that jump I think and it is nice. When are you going riding again? I think I will try to get out and ride on Sunday if we don't get too much rain in the beggining of the week. I have to work on Saturday now. I just started working at a 4wheeler dealership a couple of weeks ago. I would like to try Newton some time. I am always looking for some new places to ride. The riding area at perry is just outside of town right by the river. you park at the boat ramp and and catch the trails from there. Give me a call if you are going riding. Where are you from, in town or out?

Hope to ride with you soon.

C J:) :) :) :) :)

I dunno when i'll go back. Its about a 2 hour drive there and we don't usually go there often. The track by newton is really nice but last time I was there the track needed a lot maintance done to it. I'm from a small town between marshalltown and des moines called Rhodes and there isn't much riding around here. I'll pm you if we end up planning for it.

300exman, I wasn't up there Saturday. I was there Sunday. I didn't spend much time on the mx tracks though, i don't think its much fun with the condition of the tracks. Its alright but its like the jumps are always rutted up and rounded off and the dirt is as hard as concrete. I spent a lot of time sunday just doing hill climbs and jumping the gravity cavity. Have you been to the track by newton lately?

trueblue450
03-21-2003, 11:20 AM
not recently. we gotta get a ride out there again. Just pm me if you know when you guys will head out there. it will be good. We gotta hit that triple.. bring some cameras for that. You could pull some massive tricks off that thing.!

crazy250r Rider
03-30-2003, 02:24 PM
Well i went to bussey this sunday and it is a pretty fun place and theres alot of people there i think the tracks are good to and i think i'll go there again.

oynot400
03-31-2003, 05:40 AM
I like bluff creek, it is lots of fun. I like how they take care of there track. :cool: Waterloo has a pretty good place to ride, I go there quite a bit.
I see that we have another guy from Indy on the site, welcome. :)