PDA

View Full Version : Plastic renew review

mad4106
10-06-2012, 02:11 AM
Does plastic renew really really work?i wanna make my plastics look new again

DragonGunner
10-06-2012, 07:32 AM
I got it long time ago...it works with alot of work, an then when I went to the car wash it ruined it the first time, think it was the soap. Never used it again...heres what I used that worked alot better....FUTURE FLOOR WAX...comes in clear liquid bottle, just light sanding, then apply a coat, let dry, then more coats if you want, then just touch up when need to. I've turned old pink plastic into bright red again in just minutes.

dxcody
10-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by DragonGunner
I got it long time ago...it works with alot of work, an then when I went to the car wash it ruined it the first time, think it was the soap. Never used it again...heres what I used that worked alot better....FUTURE FLOOR WAX...comes in clear liquid bottle, just light sanding, then apply a coat, let dry, then more coats if you want, then just touch up when need to. I've turned old pink plastic into bright red again in just minutes.

Aren't you too old to be on this site?

Some type of age restriction or something?

:D Glad to see ya back roaming around again DG!

DragonGunner
10-06-2012, 03:06 PM
LOL....I'm still a young 51....when I raced in my 40's I was still beating most of the young wipper snappers in cross country races. An I'm still debating racing the Ironman this month here in IN in the Super Senior Class just for the fun of it....I'll at least be there again to watch.

dxcody
10-06-2012, 05:53 PM
LOL....I'm still a young 51....when I raced in my 40's I was still beating most of the young wipper snappers in cross country races. An I'm still debating racing the Ironman this month here in IN in the Super Senior Class just for the fun of it....I'll at least be there again to watch.

I'm racing it!!!

Get out there and show Dave Simmons who is boss! LMAO!

DragonGunner
10-06-2012, 06:48 PM
What class you running? Dave Simmons is tougher every yr......don't know him but see he's even beating the woman pro class gals an those gals are tough.

CJM
10-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Nothing I have ever used will duplicate the factory shinyness. I tried sanding and that was a miserable failure. Also tried to do the plastic renew-it works for like 2-3 rides and its done.

What does work? Primer paint with a flex agent and then paint with a flex agent then like 5 clear coats.

dxcody
10-06-2012, 08:32 PM
What class you running? Dave Simmons is tougher every yr......don't know him but see he's even beating the woman pro class gals an those gals are tough.

I will be running first year!

I'll PM you... hate to cloud up this guys thread, when I really don't have anything helpful to tell him!

sportbikeridr
10-07-2012, 06:38 PM
floor wax is the way to go .. that plastic renew crap is well crap...

Pittsburgh400ex
10-08-2012, 07:40 AM
I spray armor all on everything after i wash it and leave it sit. It settles in about 20 minutes and looks new. Obviously doesnt take.out.scratches but shines it up real nice. Ive looked.for more permanent remedy but there just isnt one. Black especially, after a few runs through brush it almost looks like a white mist on it. Wetsanding helps, but looks horrible when dry/no protectant on it.

2001400exrida
10-09-2012, 01:58 PM
pledge future shine is amazing on old plastic!