PDA

View Full Version : eny one brake a heel before

selbygirl
10-05-2012, 08:48 AM
on july 25 i boke my ankle broke my heel off and shatterd it . they took my cast off yesterday oct 4 . now they want me in a walking cast for 4 to 6 weeks . and i have 5 screws in my heel ... i need to get back to work . i was wondering if eny body on hear had same injurys and what was the recovery time . thanks tommy

Family Guy
10-08-2012, 09:20 AM
I shattered my heel in 2005. I was in a cast for 12 weeks and a walking boot for six. I went to physical therapy for a year. Was back to work when I went in the walking boot. Still have some issues but I deal with it. I aint getting no younger and still do everything I did before just a little slower.

selbygirl
10-08-2012, 02:27 PM
i have been in a cast for 7 1/2 weeks after surgery . they sed i shuold be walking in 30 days in a boot maybe into a shoe . did you have screws put in your heel . some say the screws help heal faster . or ther just saying that to make me feel better

Family Guy
10-08-2012, 03:06 PM
I had screws put in and a pin and had someone elses bone added. Looking back it wasnt horrible but I did get frustrated alot. Just at things not going as quickly as I wanted. Just go slow and listen to your Dr.

selbygirl
10-08-2012, 04:56 PM
thanks and take care tommy