PDA

View Full Version : first cross country race - any tips?

coryatver
03-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Me and my friend are going to race in the Buddy up cross country series in battlesburg, ohio. We have never raced before but have a lot of experience riding. We plan on racing in the amature b class or maybe a. What mods should I get before I go and what should I expect? I plan on getting new front tires and maybe rears, all maxxis razr. I am planning on a full chassis skid and i am thinking about getting a slip on t-4 exhuast. My quad is mostly stock. This is a 3 hour race. What spare parts should I have handy? I have boots, pants and a jersey and regular goggles. What do I have to do to register for ama? do i need anything?

toby400ex
03-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Drink alot of water the day and morning before the race, and if you can get a camel back drink system. If you dont have a good swingarm skidplate definetly get one. Take spare tires and all the tools you can. Stretch before the race and, just try to pace yourself, dont wear yourself out half way through the race. Remember that finishing the race is a lot more important than winning, because it is alot more fun than spending all the time getting ready to win and not even finishing. And dont forget to watch out for them pesky trees.:D

ZJack
03-11-2003, 03:56 PM
How do you carry spare tires?

coryatver
03-11-2003, 06:31 PM
I am pretty sure in his truck or trailer. And just keeps them in the pits. I have the stock swingarm skid plate its in decent shape. Do you think that will be good enough? But for sure I am getting a full chassis skid. I don't want to blow 200 bucks just on skid plates.

cdalejef
03-11-2003, 06:36 PM
Stock skids won't cut it. $200 is cheap insurance to protect your frame and swingarm!

toby400ex
03-11-2003, 08:28 PM
i would say that a swingarm skidplate is more important than a full chassis skid, because the stock engine skid is going to keep it from being damaged. And yes, the spare tires stay in the pits